How many weeks were you when you announced it on social media ?

Lyndz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have my 12 week scan on the 22nd October .. I was wondering how many weeks you were when you posted on social media about your pregnancy ??

I want to explore and tell the world but I'm also a little nervous doing it too early X

13 weeks, shortly after the 12 week scan. I wanted to keep it quiet much longer but hubby really wanted everyone to know so we announced. :) x

We was around 16 weeks in the end as after the scan we had a phone call a couple of days later and we were high risk for downs so we had the harmony. So by the time we got the results and ft our heads around it it was around then.
It's all personal preference and when you feel comfortable x

I think it's a completely personal decision. Typically people wait until after the 12 week scan to tell so they know baby is in the right place, healthy, and growing well, but if someone's had a few early scans and all has been well before then they might decide to tell earlier. It's also down to whether or not someone would be able to cope with everybody knowing if something was/did go wrong in the early stages.

We announced on social media with DS around 10 weeks, after we had an early scan at 9 weeks and told OH's parents. I mainly couldn't hide it from work people anymore and I was impatient.

This time I'm now 9+5 and still haven't announced on social media. We are waiting to post it because one of OH's best friends is out of the country and she comes back the day after our 12 week scan and want to tell her in person. So it's looking like a Halloween themed announcement this time! I'm lucky though as I'm still off work and don't have a social life so no one sees me... otherwise they'd guess with how bloated and round I am already!

I've seen some people wait until their gender scan, others post as soon as they get a positive test, and some not say anything at all on social media! It's completely down to what you're comfortable with. x

We weren't going to announce it at all on social media but decided to announce after the 20 week scan. So I was 20 weeks exactly when we announced.

It's all down to personal preference though and as long as you've told everyone who you would want to tell personally rather than them seeing it as a facebook announcement then whenever you feel is right.

Thanks everyone , I've had a scan at 6 weeks after I had a nasty bleed , I have another scan tomorrow and I will be 10+4 and my big dating scan will be around 13 weeks so may tell people then :)
I get very anxious things will go wrong but I'm trying to be positive !
And if anything did go wrong I would want the support from my friends and family , luckily my social media is only people I am very fond of so wouldn't mind anyone knowing X X thank you for your lovely messages X x

Typically, many people wait until after their 12-week scan to announce their pregnancy on social media as it's considered a safer time. This is because the risk of complications decreases significantly after the first trimester. However, some individuals choose to share the news earlier, depending on their comfort level.
If you're looking to enhance your social media presence, some people explore strategies like purchasing super cheap Instagram followers from reputable sources. Ultimately, the timing is entirely your decision, and you should do what feels right for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back