How many scans have you had??

weestar21

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering how many scans you have all had?

ive only had one since i found out i was pregnant when i got my scan it revealed that i was 15 1/2 weeks pregnant, i was then told that i wouldnt get another unless their was a problem. Eveyrone i have spoken to has had at least 2 scans.

is it just me who has been told im only getting one??

Hi there! We've had 3 scans, but only because I was bleeding at 7 and 10 weeks and had to have 2 internal scans. My 12 week scan was cancelled as I'd only just had the 10 week one, and the 20 week scan was the "biggy", with everyhting being measured.

I must admit, I thought a 12 week and 20 week scan were usual, but it might be different in Scotland I suppose.

Don't worry, I'm sure if you needed more you'd have them - although I have to say it'd be nice to have another now as my 20 week pictures weren't brilliant and I'd love to see baby again :D

Hx

I've actually had 4 scans!

But that's because the first one was meant to be at 12 weeks and although I'd told them my LMP date couldn't be relied on, the bean was only 10 weeks so we had to go back again. It was amazing how much she developed in that time; from a little blobby shape into a little person with arms and legs!! Amazing!!!

Then at the 20 week scan they were concerned that the placenta was low and might cover my cervix so I had to go back again last week for a 34 wk scan - it was lovely to see her again!!

Normally though it would be 12 and 20 weeks here in London. I just checked the NICE guidelines and you should get a scan at 20 weeks to check for any abnormalities http://www.nice.org.uk/pdf/CG6_ANTENATAL_CARE_A5.pdf - see p20

Yea i thought the 12 weeker was the dating scan and the 20 weeker was the checking for abnormalities scan....maybe they were able to do both with urs being at 15 weeks??????
Id check with ur mw if you are concerned hun but im sure all is well :D

every week i go i keep asking they must be getting fed up with me asking for another scan. My only scan ive had wasnt even 5 minutes and the pictures are crap...lol the only thing they checked at the scan was teh size of the babies head and thats how they told me i was 15 weeks not sure how they work that out but that was all the measurements they done.

im back again on wednesday comming so im going to demand another as my bump is tinny compared to most ppl i know who are pregnant not bragging or anything but im only into a size 10 and my bump is solid!!

i am worried i guess but just feel the midwifes are treating me like a kid with me only being 21 but some people say i look 15 i get id'd for everything even lottery tickets and thats me with adele saying mum....lol

anyway will let yous know what they say on wednesday and if baby has turned cos last week its wee bum was engaged :?

hey weestar and march baby club (just came for a peak but had to leave a message)

i only had one scan early on as well and when asked midwife she said edinburgh and glasgow only do one if there arent any complications.
she also said though that some women cheat here and say they've had bleeding or something like that so they do another scan to check that -i havent tried it though as i managed to get an appointment when i went back home so i got a quick scan there

look at the positive side of things, if they dont give you another then they must judge that everyone is healthy!
btw weestar, havent seen you on msn for ages...

take care xx

hello pips hun my msn has been playing up and not signing in thast why i havent been on sorry.

people have told me to say that ive been bleeding but i dont want to temp fate cos knowing my luck i would say that get a scan and next day i would bleed so i guess im just going to leave it as you said if they thought their was any problems they would give me another.

catch you soon hun take care xx

Hi Weestar,

You only ever get 1 scan in Scotland unless there is problems or to keep an eye on you. The 28 weeks appointment is just with the midwife.

I have had a scan every4 weeks since I was 13 weeks and its only because I had bad bleeding, other than that I wouldnt have ahd anymore.

I think the lack of scans is the reason everyone puts out for their own 4D ones! Which hospital are you attending? I am at the Princess Royal in Glasgow and they have been great!

Vicki

hi vicki its wishaw general i will be having the baby not the greatest of hospitals and it has only been tehri for about 4 years i had adele their ok i give them their due the neonatal unit is great they are very supportive but as for the maternity wards and me being only 21 still feel like im being treated as a kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back