How many ounces?

Lauren84

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven’t posted on here for a loooong time but I had my second little bou 2 weeks ago, tonight actually, and I have a feeding question.

He’s formula fed but is feeding constantly. He started taking 1.5-2oz every 2 hours ish, he’s since gone up to 3-4 oz but still wanting feeds every 2 hours, sometimes less, I try to stretch him to 2 hours. I’m worried I’m over feeding but it seems to be what he wants.

Thanks

Have you tried offering more than the 3-4oz? He might want more. Though that is a lot for a 2 week old! My baby is nearly 6 weeks and she’ll only sometimes manage 4oz. Usually she’ll have 3. Boys do usually eat more though!

My bub eats every 1-2hrs when she’s overtired and needs the energy from food instead of sleep. Is he sleeping enough?

They do go through a growth spurt at 2-3 weeks where they cluster feed (even if on formula) so it’s possible that’s why he’s being such a guts :)

Thanks for your reply. I might try it but it really varies, last night the has 2 ounces and didn’t want anymore but then this morning drained 4! I feel like I’ve constantly got a bottle in my hand. X

I was told by my health visitor to give him what he wants when he needs it. I was so worried I’d be over feeding him aswell but it seems to level out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back