How many midwife appointments??

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I'm just wondering how many times you have seen your midwife? I am 12 weeks pregnant today and I first saw her at 8 weeks for my booking in appointment but I'm not seeing her again until 17th June where I will be around 15 weeks. I havent even heard the heartbeat yet but I have my dating scan on Monday so I will hear it then but I am trying to remember how many times I saw the midwife in my first pregnancy..everything seems to be different this time round!! Xx

I am having my second baby and so far I've only seen the midwife at booking app, 16 and 28 week appointments. I'm not due to see her again until 34 weeks and then its every fortnight until 40 weeks, then weekly after if I go overdue. I didn't hear the heartbeat until my 16 week appointment with midwife. I was shown the heartbeat on the screen at 12 and 20 week scan but didn't actually hear it. X

Hi Amy,

This to is my second pregnancy, I was seen at 8wks then not again until 16wks then will be 28wks. Its 2 less appointments in my area for a second pregnancy.
Hope this helps. x

If you're on your first pregnancy you'll see a midwife at weeks 8, 16, 25, 28, 31, 34, 36, 38, 40, 41.

It's different depending where you are. This is my first pregnancy, I've seen MW 8, 16, 24, 32, 34, 36, 38. Next appointment 40.

I'm on my 3rd baby so you don't see them as often as for your first.

I saw the MW at the booking in appointment which I had at 13 weeks. My next appointment was at 20 weeks, then another (3rd app) at 28 weeks.
And then I have said I want a home birth so she came to my house at 31 weeks to do the paperwork and she did everything they normally do at an antenatal appointment. But if I weren't wanting a home birth I doubt I'd have seen her until 34 weeks.
My next MW app is at 34 weeks (next week) and then should be fortnightly.

It's so weird getting so many now (close together) when all the others have been 7/8 weeks between visits up until the Home Birth one.

It depends on the pregnancy this pregnancy due to complications I'm seeing my mw weekly so I have continuity and support from the same person x

My second baby and I've seen her 7 & 9 weeks, then again after scan.... My 16 week will be a consultant appt instead of mw x

Thanks for your replies ladies it's interesting to see how everyones pregnancy is. I'm having shared care as my daughter was delivered by emergency c-section but I have said I want this baby naturally si I have 2 appointments with a consultant in July xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back