how many lbs are you gaining???

hayley

Reaction score
Hi

Not sure if i'm gaining weight at a steady speed or too fast... just thought i'd start a topic about how many lbs we've all put on so far!

i'm in my 15th week - up to now i've gained 5lbs.

x

sorry Hayley.. don't have a clue.. have never owned scales so never weighed myself.. I guess I will know when i see my midwife in 2 weeks! as she weighed me last time!!

:wink:

well so far i have gained about 20 pounds although saying that i normally put on a stone over christmas and then diet after xmas to lose it lol but this time its staying for a while

Me too I'm afraid! I have no idea what I weighed before. I'm just piling on the pounds and will worry about it aterwards!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

At the minute I'm so finicky with my food that if I like something, I'll eat loads of it, bugger to the extra pounds. To be honest, I don't care if I end up the size of a house as long as LO is happy and healthy. :lol:

Lol.. ditto Tankett.. just don't care.. I feel I have worked so hard just to get here I am not going to risk it by watching my weight and also with the nausea of late eating was the only comfort...

finicky about foods.. thats me too.

My OH told me that he wants me to gain weight.. he said he prefers me a 12/14 than when I was an 8/10.. hhhmm maybe he is just being diplomatic but hey its good enough for me..

.... so wheres that chocolate cake..?? [another current craving]

Before I met DH, I had just gone through 2 bad breakups and lost loads of weight. I had ended a 5 year relationship and ended up having to sell my house to pay him off :evil: , then met someone else who seemed like prince charming and promised me the earth. Anyway, I fell big time for him straight away, but after 6 weeks he went back to his ex. I was completed devestated and stopped eating. I lost 2 stone in less than 2 months and I really didn't have 2 stone to lose. When I got together with DH, my size 8 jeans were hanging off me, and I thought I looked great! Looking back on it though, I was skin and bone, had no bum at all, and he used to say that my hipbones hurt him when we were in bed!! :shock: He ended up almost forcing me to eat. I really was bordering on having an eating disorder. The thought of eating made be gag, and when I did try to eat, I could only manage very small amounts.

Anyway, my point is that DH helped me get through it, made sure I ate properly, and I put the weight back on. When I commented before Xmas that I'd better get pg soon or I'd have to go on a diet, DH went nuts. I pointed out my rolls of fat, and his answer was to say "what rolls?". He said I have a much better figure now than I ever did when we first met.

Anyway, I've completely hijacked your thread Hayley :oops: , but I just wanted you all to see that there is more to life than putting on a few pounds. And most men prefer women with a little bit of padding, and not these skinny celebrities on TV. In fact, my DH says that I am even sexier now I am pg, although to me, all I look at the minute is fat!!! :shock:

Wow Tankett.. you certainly have been through it .. and come out the other side with a REAL Prince Charming!!!!

My weight / size insecurities came from from my mother.... she has a thing about shape and size and it rubbed off on me and my younger sister big time.. only when i met OH and he reassured me that I look better now than back then did I realise that he was right.. and also it just took meeting the right person to feel less insecure and content. Now I eat what I want when i want.. pregnant or not pregnant!!!! Now when my mum says something I just agree with her and laugh.. she then shuts up!!!

I hope if I have a daughter I will learn from that and reassure her all the time that she is beautiful whatever size / shape!!

xx

Here here Anna Marie.

It makes me so mad with my daughter sometimes. She is almost 13, is about 5'4, and has a beautiful figure, just beginning to blossom as my mum puts it! But she often moans about her fat thighs. There is not an ounce of fat on her, and I know it's all media/peer pressure. It's difficult trying to tell her she's got nothing to worry about and she's beautiful, without sounding patronising and just belittling how she feels.

Do men have these problems???! :?

I thought I would add to this post! I had anorexia when I was 15/16, and it was the worst time of my life. Im 5ft 6, and at my worst I weighed 6 and a half stone. I had lots of problems that led to my eating disorder. I then went through another difficult time when I was 18 and became bulimic. Thankfully, like Tankett, I met the best man in the whole world. He helped me recover from the bulimia, and whenever I have doubts about myself he tells me otherwise :D

Being pregnant has been hard because you never really recover from the anorexia, you still think about how much weight you put on, and at first it scared me. But now I know I have to put weight on for my baby, and thats the most important thing, I still envy all of you that say "I'll worry about the weight afterwards" it must be great to think like that.

Anyway, carry on eating!lol! :D

xxx

Blimey Jenny, you've been through it haven't you. And at such a young age too. Aaahhh, the love of a good man! It just shows that it does make all the difference. :D :D

I'm glad to see that your pregnancy is going well. It must be hard, but I'm trying to think of it as not extra weight for me, but extra protection for my little baby. That helps loads.

Anyway, all this food talk has make me peckish!! Must go and raid the chocolate machine!!!!!!!

LOL.. tankett I have just eaten two large chocolate brownies.. yummmm [and a packet of cheddars!!]

Jenny.. thanks for sharing your story.. well done to your and your bloke for getting through it.. your baby will be so healthy for all the extra eating!!

Even though I say I will worry about it after.. I still don't like the way I look when I see myself in the mirror but then I remember why I am gaining weight and smile.. its a fab reason and its a healthy reason. I think all the stress of worrying every day is keeping some of the llbs off me!!

Keep it up ladies.. sorry Hayley maybe this thread should be renamed.. how much weight can we put on..... in my case it will be LOADS!!!! x

Thanks ladies!!I feel a lot better thanks!! Its hard when Im on my own all day because you can start over thinking about things! Sorry hayley too :D
You may have your post back now. Im going to bake some chocolate muffins (already mixed of course) in celebration!

Love Jenny

xxx

omg just done my online shopping after reading this post and now have way too much bad food on list i can see lots of extra pounds going on this week :oops: slimming world gonna make lots of money out of me when baby is here xxxx

I've just eaten a bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut to celebrate getting fat!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just wish I had the energy to make some chocolate brownies/muffins/cakes when I get home at night!! :( It's all I can do to make the dinner.

I was in hospital last week (got a post in the 3rd trimester) so have been ordered to rest. I have plenty of time on my hands at the moment, Im still tired though, I think the 1st trimester and 3rd are the worst for tiredness. But I still have the energy to bake!!lol! Hows my OH going to cope when the baby comes? No more nicely cooked meals for him!lol! He can't even handle putting a frozen pizza in the oven- bless!

xxx

Baking.. whats that? I can cook but never baked a cake in my life.. what an awful mum I will be :wink: :wink: :wink:

Men just have to learn to adapt... my OH loves to cook.. I just won't let him!!! He will love it when I cannot get near the kitchen due to the demands of a screaming baby!

So Jenny are you excited now? Getting very close....... gosh I cannot wait to get to that stage.. I may actually feel pregnant by then!!! :roll:

Lol!!Wish my OH does that, I would love it if he actually wanted to cook!!!! :shock: I think Im going to have to do the adapting.......to pizza every night!

Yep Im very, very excited!! Its going slowly now though, especially now Ive got to rest. I don't even feel that pregnant, I suppose you get used to it as you go along. I really can't wait to meet my little baby :D :D I want to know what it looks like, and what it's personality is like. It's very strange to think we carry this little person around, and help it grow for 9/10 months, but when it arrives we don't actually know it. Sorry, im getting all emotional!lol!

xxx

You have all made me smile lots today :D :D

Well I have just eaten a snickers bar, yum yum yum!!!

I have probably put on lots of weight but I don't weigh myself anymore - I too am thinking like Tankett, I am protecting my LO!! I was more conscious at the beginning when I didn't look PG and people might have thought that I was fat, lol, now I look PG I don't care at all :D

Xxx

I was at M/W last friday for my 16 week check and i had lost 3lb due to bad all day sickness and not being able to kep anything down! Its all calming down now and im feeling hungrier throughout the day, i even had a few cravings witch i could never see me having when i was throwing up so bad lol! So I'll probably start piling on the pounds now :? !

wow ladies you lot have been busy!!! your replies made me laugh but i'm still no wiser than i was before i posted!!!

Jenny you have been thou the rough.... glad you fough the anorexia and came thou it healthy and happy!

Tankett hip bones... what are those? glad you managed to get a hold of that nasty eating habit... Your DH sounds wonderful..

Must say i've caught a good one too! he was telling me the other day how i should be walking proud now that i'm pregnant! he said i looked more beautiful... my hair and nails are looking amazing! not too sue about the rest... left an advert in the local shop window - see if anyone had found a waist!

anyway getting back to my post... i'm not dieting - far from it... enjoyed a family size bag of marks and spencers wotzits today... then finished my evening meal off with a fresh cream choc eclair... mmm! I'm aware i should be eating my fresh veg and fruit etc.. drinking my milk and plenty of water but i do still enjoy treats each day... and why not!

If anyone else has been weighing themselves can they let me know how many lbs they've put on so far.... just find it interesting to know...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back