How many highs do you normally get before peak?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Loubalouba, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Loubalouba

Loubalouba Well-Known Member

Hi

How many highs do people normally get before peak when using clear blue dual ovulation tests?

I am cd 14 and currently on day 5 of high fertility ( flashing smiley)

I am using cheap strip tests also which have maybe got a tiny bit darker but still no where near positive.

My cycles are normally 29 to 30 days in length and I think my lp is 12 days but not sure as last month I got my peak on cd 13 but my cycle length was 29 days!

Hoping for peak tomorrow but is this too many high days?

Lou X

2. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

Hi Lou,

I use the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor which sounds like a similar system. I think it can vary how long your highs can be, I had about 6/7 days this month before peak.

HTH.

3. Sugarpop

Sugarpop Well-Known Member

I got 7 highs and never got peak. I read that if it doesn't detect your peak it will continue to show as high.

4. M1chelle

That is definitely the case for the CBFM but I doubt it would be for the individual tests as they would not interact with each other to know whether a peak had been found already. I had a full 20 tests and had about 16 of them being highs... ridiculous. I'm now very conservative with how I use the sticks and stop using them completely when I think the peak period has passed and the machine has just missed it.

5. Sugarpop

Sugarpop Well-Known Member

Apparently the main stick does remember somehow? The month I used them I didn't get a peak but did get 3 positives at the end of my cycle. Think it was a chemical but I must have ovulated.

6. M1chelle

Ah fair enough. I have only ever received one month of peaks. Because I was on holiday this time I didn't have enough CBFM sticks with me so relied on IC OPKs and I got quite dark lines but not quite as obvious as the previous month so I'm not sure..

7. Snowwy

Snowwy New Member

This month is my first time using Clear Blue Digital, I got one high before my peak. But that can vary month to month. Good luck! I know it's frustrating :(