How many expressed feeds?

Rosieroo

Reaction score
As my nips have been very sore, I have been giving them a bit of a rest by expressing a lot of Ella's feeds today. I have still put her on the right nipple as it's not as sore (just sandpapery sore iykwim), but I've also expressed off of there aswell. My left nip has a crack at the left side of the base that I can't imagine healing as it splits again every time it gets erect or is fed/expressed upon.

I've got Tommee Tippee nuby teats which are a lot smaller, and she's still latching on fine when I do put her on, but I wonder if I'm giving her too many expressed feeds? Do you ladies ever express most of your feeds but still have comfort boobie feeds? It's just that I like seeing what she's taking in, especially for her nighttime feed, but I do feel guilty for not feeding her off the boob all the time. My left nipple is just too sore at the moment and she doesn't feed well with a shield on (she doesn't take nearly as much food).

I'd say if she is happy with both then carry on as you are hun. Don't feel guilty about not breast feeding - if it's sore then I don't blame you.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back