how long

jodie_honey

Reaction score
was your labour from start to finish and now long did it hurt REALLY bad?

I was in labour 10 hours with my first, from start to finish, it was really painfull for the last 2 hours
With Tia i was i labour 7 hours start to finish and it was really painfull for the last 2 hours
With Jordan i was in labour 2 hours start to finish and it was really painfull for the last hour
With Hayden i was in labour 3 hours start to finish and it was really painfull for the last hour

My Pains started at about 8pm on a Tuesday and i had him at 5.12 on the Thursday My waters had broken about 7am that Tuesday morning. I was in real bad pain from about 12 lunch time on the Wednesday and it got worse and worse.

Hope you can make sense of that :?

56 Hours 43 Minutes. It Hurt Like Hell For The 21 Hours Before The Actual Birth and The After Pains Were Excruciating For Me For a Few Hours.

28 hours start to finish and the pains were awful about 3 hours before she was born

My contractions started at 3am, I gave birth at 6:40pm but according to my notes I was only in established labour for 50 mins. The contractions were ok until the last 2 hours, thats when it really hurt :wink:

on my postnatal notes the MW had written 7 hours, not sure what she classed as labour and how she got that number coz she was only here (i had a home birth) for 4 hours!
it was those last 4 hours that i found the pain hard to handle, after i was 5cm dilated. and i think it was only the last two contractions before i started pushing that made me squeal and cry

86hrs and was perfectly comfortable for 3 quarters of it, up until being induced, then it was a few hrs of quite uncomfortable contractions which lead to an epidural being administered.

With my first baby from very 1st pain was about 20 hours but bad pain for about 3 hours
My 2nd was 10 but I was in really bad pain for 5 hours, I was pushing for 4 of them though.
My 3rd very 1st pain was about 10 hours but very mild to start and proper labour was about 1hr 44mins. Yes it really hurt bad!

My maternity notes say 5 and a half hours!! I had backache the night before I suppose it was the beginning of things but it wasn't until about 11am that I felt that it was a bit more serious than just a bit of backache and the baby was born at 4.30pm!

It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be - no pain relief except a bit of gas and air and I am a real wimp! It's certainly nothing like TV where it's dramatised.

22 hours start to finish

lets hope this one aint gonna be the same

Mine was 13,5 hours and for about 5 hours it was ok (I was thinking, hmmm, it's not that bad after all - lol little I knew then!), then it was painful but still not excruciating for 3 hours but...it hurt really bad for the last 5 hours!

I was in labour 3 hours and it probably REALLY hurt for about an hour.

Erm.. I was 1-2cm on Thursday morning 9am.

Started to be uncomfortable Friday afternoon 3pm, 5cm dilated.

Ryan born 8.27pm Friday night.

labour started.

4am tuesday 8th May.

4am - 8pm - was ok. sore but ok.
8pm - 12am - really sore, went to hospital.
12-2am - worst pain ever! got given gas n air was fine.
2am till 2pm - given more drugs as pain was coming a going.
*memorie very hazzie from then on*
4pm-6pm I really struggeled here, was given an ep.
7pm - 7.40pm - id been pushing for about an hour maybe more. Totally out of mind. EVETUALLY Hannah came out. lol.

7.40pm Wednesday 9th May.

jodie_honey said:
oh my god!
im not gonna cope! :shock:

You will be just fine :hug: :hug: :hug:
If you start to practise your breathing technique now, and do it daily, it will help you so much, both for dealing with contractions and feeling in control. The more control over your breathing, the better equipped you are :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back