how long...

trixipaws

Reaction score
does a tub of formula last?

i bought one, thinking it would be more economical than opening 2 cartons a day when of each one she only eats 100ml- but just noticed it says discard the tin after 4 weeks.

at the moment im making one or two 4-scoop feeds a day, i might increase this to 3 4-scoop feeds in a couple of weeks if i drop the morning breast-feed, but im not switching the nite-feeds (i cant be arsed making up formula at 3am when i got milk in my chest!) so at the most ill be using 12 scoops a day by mid january.

am i gonna be wasting loads? :(

is it safe in reality to keep powder longer than 4 weeks?

Maddisons on aptamil 1st and it says after 4 weeks it must be thrown away.

I would say though it would be cheaper for you to stay on the powered milk then going onto the already made cartons.

cause there might be a time when your dd wants more milk or another situation arrives .

Maddison has just stopped wanting her 10pm feed which means she having 3 7oz bottle feeds a day

Willow has 2 bottles a day one 7ozand 1 8 oz and the tub lasts about 10 ish days not sure excatly i dont think you would have a lot of wastage if any.

With Lydia I used to go through 1 large carton a week when she was on formula.

just dug out this thread its one month now since and iv still got half the tin left (iv been rubbish this week i havent given her ANY! altho she's kinda dropped the afternoon feed now and also one of the nite BFs)
should i throw it away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back