how long.....

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
after your overdue do they leave u until they induce u.
i have a funny feeling im going have to be induced - just cus i dont want to be! :wall:
my next midwife appointment is on the 5th dec ill be 5 days overdue then will she wait until my next appointment to book me in to be induced? or will she do it then. if she waits will i have another appointment sooner cus i only usually see her every 2 weeks but by then ill be almost 3 weeks over?
sorry if that sounds stupid but every1 i asks says they aint sure :D

For both my pregnancies I was induced at term + 2 weeks.

around here we had a choice of t+10 if mom is really uncomfortable or t+14 if they aren't bothered. typical me picked a hospital in a different county and they said they only did t+12.

If you go overdue they won't leave you without an appointment for 2 weeks. I had my last MW appointment on my due date, then had another booked for 1 week over. I ended up giving birth 8 hours before the appointment so didn't go :wink:

Maybe baby will surprise you and decide to come on time!

hopefully fingers crossed everything will happen before. but i just had a sudden panick that i would get left until about 3 weeks but its put my mind at rest now! thanks :D

It depends on the hospital policy you are giving birth at. Generally its between 10 and 14 days.

1st time i was term+14 2nd time term+10.

The MW should ring and book a date for induction on your next visit. I was induced at 11 days over with my 2nd and with my 3rd I was booked in for 14 days over but I went before that anyway.

Mine was booked for term+13 and the appointment was booked on my due date but luckily i gave birth at term+12 so didn't have to be induced :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back