How Long??

Yvonne

Reaction score
Here i go again!!!.........

Last night i was awake for 90% of it with really bad period pain and back ache, i walked round and kept trying to get some rest but everytime i laydown it started up worse, but by 5am i had to force myself to get some sleep as i was getting headache. Got up today and my stomach and back are so sore, my back is constantly aching, my stomach hurts to touch and gets waves of period pains.

Why haven't i started getting pains that need timing? it can't be normal to get these pains and be "one of those things!" or maybe i am in slow labour? :?
They are not sharp pains and i get the odd tightening which feels tender but no regularity.

I am getting feelings in my bum like i need to poo and i am still getting little bits of snot on my tissue.

Does anyone know if it can take this long for things to kick in propely?

Sorry, i keep going on about. :(

Is your baby back to back?

This can sometimes cause a long and drawn out start to labour.

all the aches and pains you are getting i think are normal for this stage of pregnancy, i have been getting them for about a week now and last night i had so much pressure down there that i felt like i needed to go to the loo.
i was convinced my waters were going to break, but nothing happened in the end.

back ache is a pain, i get jase to rub my back hard which seems to ease it a bit, charlie, my daughter, was back to back, it does hurt like hell im afriad :(

hun i dont want to put a downer on things but you could still possibly have 4 weeks left yet if you go over due :(

Totally agree with Layla.

Make the most of these last few weeks and dont wish the time away worrying about labour starting.........you will know when it does!!!! :wink:

Put your feet up, relax and enjoy, you could be here for a while yet hun.

I know i could still have 4 weeks left and i know baby will come when it's ready i have never had pains like this, it's more painful than normal aches and pains and believe me i have had a lot of those in this pregnancy.

My baby is back to back so it could be that which is causing the slow start.

I'll just have to see how it goes.

Hello

It could be the start but as everyone else says i thinkits just preg at its worse, ive been in a great deal of pain my self and nothing has come f it and its been days now. :( Dont get yourself too excited then you just get disappointed.
Hope the best for you though.
Katrina

I had all thsy stuff too, was awake every night thinking "this is it"

It wasn't though, I still needed to be induced :?

hi there
perhaps some advice if you like....
why dont you try and focus on getting the baby out of "back to back" positioning? Only and always, lie/sleep on your left side, see a homeopath or acupuncturist (it's less expensive than we sometimes think). Posterior babies are incredibly painful to get out, nevermind the long and lingering backache that comes with it during labour. You need to take your mind off things - you're right to get frustrated, but you're not doing yourself any good with all the stress and worry.
I had all indications that baby wanted to come early, but still went overdue, so be prepared - enjoy time with your other bunny!!!!
Thinking of you
Emilia xx

Hi Amys mum, I think we are due on about the same day and I have been just the same as you. Last night went to bed at 11 was up at 4 with tummy ache like period pain. Feeling really sick on and off and generally ready to meet my baby!!! The blinking thing is just not ready to meet us yet!!! I have started on the raspberry leaf tea and tablets. I keep telling myself to chill and not worry it could still be another 4 weeks but I dont want to wait 4 weeks when 2 should be enough!!!! My thoughts are with you as well as the bloody pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back