How long

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Bethanybiggin, May 20, 2016.

1. Bethanybiggin

Bethanybiggin Well-Known Member

How long have you all be TTC and how long til you went to doctors to start testing

2. babylove2016

babylove2016 Well-Known Member

I've been off the pill for 5 months, TTC for two since. Due on tomorrow.

3. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

I'm going into my 14th month, 16th cycle. 2 early losses along the way! I went to the gp because of the losses but if it wasn't for them I'd be at the gps door as soon as it'd been a year! Xx

4. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

Coming to end of 7th month. This cycle totally different to all others?!

5. Brooksy

Brooksy Well-Known Member

Hubby and I took 10 months to conceive, it is recommended you try for atleast 12 months as this is the avg for how long it can take couples. Having said that, if you have issues with your cycle and have been trying for say 9-10 months or so it may be worth going to docs. I have irregular cycles and so went to the docs, they put us forward to fertility services for tests, but it is quite a long road, I think you have to try for around 3 years before they will do ivf or another form of artificial insemination. Sorry didn't mean to go off point! X

6. lja

lja Member

I left it a year, it was just mostly casual ttc as I don't get regular periods. I had a mc in August 2015 and haven't had a period since, went to my doctor about a month ago after a lot of denial that everything was fine and she's confident I'll fall pregnant soon. My hormone levels were normal on my first blood test, haven't got my 21 day results back yet. Had an examination and she couldn't find any problems. Next step: waiting for a hospital appointment for ultrasounds.. don't know what to expect next.