How long...

EmiLou123

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

How long did your babies teeth for at a time? My lo hasn't slept properly for weeks (I'm wondering if he's ever slept!) and I'm sure he's been teething for 2 weeks now, he's got two bumpy sharp bits in his mouth that are slowly becoming more bumpy... and basically I'm exhausted... he's going to sleep later (10ish), waking up at 5am after usually 3 feeds over night, some mornings I can resettle, some days not... my oh has had a bit of time off work and done NOTHING and I'm a miserable mess :-( heeeeelp xxxxx

tapatalking x

Thanks for the abundance of replies but I googled it instead so don't worry ha.

tapatalking x

Aaron seems to have been teething for About 8 months with no sign of any teeth yet!

Tapatalking!

Aww hun, sorry no one has replied.

I don't really have an advise other than the normal advising teething gels or you can try the crystals or powder aston and parsons are meant to be amazing?!

Give him cold things to chew on, and may be on a night time if its causing him so much pain allow him a little calpol might even help him sleep better if he's pain free.

I can't think of anything else, i was fairly luck with my eldest as he just woke up with teeth! I don'texpect to be so lucky this time lol x x

Oh also is there one who could babysit for a few hours so you can sleep? You can take on anything with a little sleep behind you! x x x

Thank you for your replies. I know all babies are different, I was just wondering your experiences... I've tried the calgel, don't want to keep giving calpol, saving it for when he's really bad! I unfortunately have no-one to help baby sit :-( our families live too far away and I cannot get him to take from a bottle (expressed milk)... I'm finding it so tough at the minute... walking zombie! I'm sure I'll get through it though :) thanks again xxx

tapatalking x

Ethan seems to always be teething! Try Ashton and parsons powder, it's fab xx

Ooh, where do I find that? :) xxx

tapatalking x

I was wondering the same thing as Harry has been night waking recently - he constantly dribbles, so maybe he's constantly teething?? Yes, where are these ashton and parsons powders from?? xx

Unfortunately Aston and parsons is no longer in production! I've been trying to get some for weeks, wish I stocked up months ago!!! You can get it online still and in places that still have stock but apparently once it's gone that's it! It's all gone locally!! The other teething powders are good though! Other than that I put bonjella on her teething ring which she loves and that's it! I hate teething!!! X

There's some on Amazon but it's like a tenner for 20! I'm too poor lol. I have been using the calgel but I worry he just sucks it off his gums... had to give him calpol this evening as he has been a bit wingey today. Hv recommended ibuprofen but I'm not too happy to use that... she said I could use them both but stagger, don't want to pump him full of painkillers though! Xxxxxx

tapatalking x

Harry has been teething for nearly 2 months now and it's there just not come through.
I use nelsons powder ( you can get it from boots/tesco about 20 sachets for a fiver) I don't pour it in his mouth like it tells you to, I just rub it on his gums so it lasts for ages and cold bottles straight from the fridge when feeding. I also have a frozen teether which he munches on.

I feel your pain! Hopefully they come through soon!

Look at the prices on eBay!!!!

You can rub calpol onto gums as well I heard??? Not sure if it works! Also teething rings etc in the fridge over night is fab!! X

We've had 3 weeks of teething and 4 teeth have come through! Poor little sausage. I found very cold fruit puree helped :)

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

You can still get Ashton and parsons from small pharmacies, don't think supermarkets stock it now. Didn't realise they've stopped producing it! Time to stock up! Xx

I use teetha powders from boots and they are really good too, oh and Anbesol has worked well for us too xxx

Sorry they're called nelsons powders like Emmaw said above, the teetha was a gel
X

If u don't want to be using medicated stuff all the time try chamomilla, the homeopathic remedy, I found it brilliant, just instantly calms them down and chills them out. Don't worry, as they get more teeth, they sort of learn to handle teething better so it's not weeks of meltdown etc xx

I think I will give some of the granule things a go :) is just he's on infacol for wind, calpol in the evenings cos he has a cough (and for his teeth), calgel a few times a day on his teefies... don't want him to turn into a pharmacy xxxx

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back