How long will it take me to start bleeding?.

lillith112

Reaction score
I had my first bfp after 20 months trying at the tender age of 44, tested from 11dpo, they were really good strong lines but by 14 dpo the tests were all the same intensity, I just knew something wasn't right, then my test after af was due was much lighter, by 16dpo it is now negative. I am devastated and last couple of days I can't stop sobbing, I rang my Drs who told me to wait until this Friday and if no bleed to take another test which is completely pointless as its negative. My question is when will I start to bleed ?. I still have slightly sore boobs. I just want this over so I can get my cycles back to normal. xx

Aww Lillith, I'm so sad and sorry to read this.
With my losses I started to bleed 2-3 days after the tests went negative. In the kindest way .... I hope it starts for you soon as the limbo is torture.
I wish you luck for another bfp and remember that it can happen xx

Thankyou so much scn, you're absolutely right, I don't like this being in limbo at all, I've read online that some ladies don't get a bleed for up to 3 weeks, that will be absolutely awful. I need it to arrive so I can have closure, dust myself off and start ttc again as I really don't have much time left. This is all like a bad nightmare, wish I could just wake up and the pregnancy still be there. xx

Hi Lillith, I found out last Tuesday I was 6 weeks and then I lost Sunday evening. Funny thing is I still had symptoms yesterday and Sunday morning I couldnt believe I was actually pregnant and tested again with 2 bfp.

I guess my point is you cant really say when it will start, with my first miscarriage I bled lightly over 4 days then passed things. This has been so different and vicious all in one day but after yesterday I'm no longer in pain.

I'm really sorry this has happened to you, I'm struggling to come to terms with it myself and I think if the bleeding hadnt started I would of been the same. Big hugs and hope you get some closure soon xx

Last edited:
Hi Lillith, I found out last Tuesday I was 6 weeks and then I lost Sunday evening. Funny thing is I still had symptoms yesterday and Sunday morning I couldnt believe I was actually pregnant and tested again with 2 bfp.

I guess my point is you cant really say when it will start, with my first miscarriage I bled lightly over 4 days then passed things. This has been so different and vicious all in one day but after yesterday I'm no longer in pain.

I'm really sorry this has happened to you, I'm struggling to come to terms with it myself and I think if the bleeding hadnt started I would of been the same. Big hugs and hope you get some closure soon xx

Spiritedaway, aww hun, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, why is life so cruel to good people who don't deserve it. Hugs to you.
I just had a bath and my boobs still look massive and swollen, makes me feel so sad. I'm hoping I will bleed in the next day or so. I can't move on from this unless the bleeding starts. I think my body still thinks its pregnant xx

Hi hun I mc'd 3 weeks ago...had my bfp on the Saturday...was involved in car accident on the sunday...tested again the Monday and line was the same as the Saturday which confused me. The Wed morning I had heavy red bleeding...Dr referred me to hospital and bloods revealed id lost the baby. I then lost the baby while in the shower on the Sunday . Think I bled for a week or so with bad cramps.
Counted the Wed I started bleeding as cd1 and started doing opks a week or so later and had a very positive one on cd16...apparently u are more fertile after a mc (seems cruel in a way doesn't it), so iv got everything crossed for you.
My mc has been one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life and i spent days just sobbing.
Sending cwtches hun I hope my story has helped xx

Last edited:
Hi hun I mc'd 3 weeks ago...had my bfp on the Saturday...was involved in car accident on the sunday...tested again the Monday and line was the same as the Saturday which confused me. The Wed morning I had heavy red bleeding...Dr referred me to hospital and bloods revealed id lost the baby. I then lost the baby while in the shower on the Sunday . Think I bled for a week or so with bad cramps.
Counted the Wed I started bleeding as cd1 and started doing opks a week or so later and had a very positive one on cd16...apparently u are more fertile after a mc (seems cruel in a way doesn't it), so iv got everything crossed for you.
My mc has been one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life and i spent days just sobbing.
Sending cwtches hun I hope my story has helped xx

Bellarina I am so sorry this happened to you, it's absolutely devastating and heart breaking. I hope you are ok after the car accident ?, do you think that's what caused you to lose the baby ?. Look after yourself hun, massive hugs to you.
Yes I have read a lot about being very fertile after, thankyou so much for sharing your story, I have hope that my bleed will start soon and my cycle will return to normal again.... I just hope and pray that all of us get our rainbow babies.xx

I guess I'm never know if the car accident caused it but I don't think it helped.
How r u today hun xx

I guess I'm never know if the car accident caused it but I don't think it helped.
How r u today hun xx

I keep blaming my loss on jumping on the trampoline, like you I guess I'll never know.
I'm ok, feeling a bit brighter today, still no bleeding yet. Did my last frer this morning and it's completely negative. I just want this bleed to hurry, I don't like this waiting game xx

Well finally the bleeding has started. What a complete rollercoaster this has been, within a week I have had the excitement of finding out I was pregnant, then experienced the horror of losing it. My thoughts are with you all who go through losses at any stage, its a horrific thing to go through. Love to you all. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back