How long til you got your ++

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by cristie_gce, Aug 2, 2005.

1. cristie_gce

cristie_gce Well-Known Member

I have read several different experiences on here. I was wondering...how long did it take you to get your + after a missed period?? 2 days late, 3, 2 days before missed period??? Everyone please respond! :D

2. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I got my positive on the day of my missed period. I hadn't done any tests before that day, so it was my first test of the cycle.

I'd had a really busy month with my wedding and everything that I didn't even realise that it was time to test!

After listening to everybody elses stories, I feel unbelievably blessed that it worked first time. However I did give my body a whole year of preparation which seemed to take forever. I was itching to get trying properly!

Sorry...gone off on a tangent there. We did test on day of missed period.

3. Guest

I tested 2 days after missed period with a ultra early test stick and the line was still a little feint. If it wasn't such a good test I don't think my HCG would have been picked up after 2 days missed AF.

x

4. Rachael

Rachael Well-Known Member

My cycles had been irratic for a number of months...My 33 day cycle being a distant memory.

I tested on Day 45, but I was charting and knew when I ovulated (Day 29) so I expected a period on Day 43.....So two days after a missed period or 16 days of high temps. I used a Predictor test and it was very faint. I tested again on Day 46 with a First response test and the Test line was darker than the Control line.

5. Julia

Julia Well-Known Member

Only just got mine! I tested with a Lloyds Pharmacy preg test three/four days before my missed AF and it turned faintly + straight away. Did another two on the following days and they were a little bit stronger. I know some people who did not have a + until about a week after their AF...GOOD LUCK ......

6. Impatience

Impatience Well-Known Member

:D 3 days before AF for me! :wink:

8dpo I had IB and kinda knew then, but didn't test straight away, tested quite dark bfp on 11dpo!

Good luck :wink:
    ***babydust***

Angela

7. cristie_gce

cristie_gce Well-Known Member

Thank you all for responding. I have read that many women don't get their + for 2 weeks after missed period. How is this possible? Do some women just not produce the same amount of HcG? Also, I have had irregular periods before but they were all associated w/ coming off of the pill OR cysts. I don' feel like either of these are a factor for me this month. Is it possible that I have a lazy ovary since I still havent started?? Yesterday I had EWCM and my CP was low, soft and open (sounds like O right?) but when I tested for O it was -. This is so confusing. Does anyone have any suggestion about what may be going on with my body??? :roll: :roll: :roll: