How long should implantation last?

Jojo84

Reaction score
I've been having a small amount of slightly pinky discharge - only when I wipe and not every time I wipe... It's not really showing on my underwear.

It happened on Tuesday and I rang the midwife who said it was normal and probably a small implantation. Question is... How long does that go on for?

i read 3 days but depends on the person ect ..if your worried call the epu give yourself some reasurance ..try not to panic i have read of some people have implantation for 10 days xxx Sorry im not much help hoe the other ladies have better advice xx

Rang midwife who was very rude! I got- well I cant see it can i, could be implantation, or you could be having a miscarriage but we can't just scan everyone who has a big of bleeding. If it hasn't stopped in a week call then but for now there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm not worrying because its seriously a tiny amount but that's not bloody helping!

Last edited:
midwives can be so charming sometimes! i often used to wonder why they were in such a job, if that was their attitude!

when I was being induced with my son - I was in hospital and had been given the first pessary - they then decided that the ward was too busy to continue so said we would stop until the next day - but my waters broke 3 hours later - when I buzzed for them to come and told them the reply was 'oh well that's just great!' in a sarcastic annoyed voice :(

hopefully you're just experiencing a very sensitive cervix or extra long implantation - good that it's not getting more than just a tiny bit :)

Wow - that is very rude - I thought most places WOULD scan anyone who has bleeding!!

Hope the discharge stops, or you manage to get an early scan if you want one!

xxx

The first midwife said it was normal and only started Tuesday. She wasn't worried as I had no cramping and the blood wasn't red in fact it's barely pink

are you in a position to book a private reassurance/viability scan - you can have these from 7 weeks in most areas......ranging in cost from £80-£120!

I'm Not that worried tbh just pissed off. I'm not even sure if its pink or I'm paranoid. I have no pain and no red blood and I'm still having symptoms. Husband doesn't even think discharge looks even slightly pink so mane
Just crazy

What a cow bag that midwife was! My local epu are quite happy to scan everyone with a bit of bleeding and quite right too how do they know wtf is going on if they don't? I had a week of light brown dx in my first pregnancy which turned out to be a mmc and in my current pregnancy had 10d of light brown dischare and a separate occasion of small amount of red blood which has so far led to a still healthy baby so it just goes to show you can't tell without a bloomin scan. I'm cross for you!
Hope you get some resolution soon x.

I'm not stressing about it - although sometimes this forum makes me stress more :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back