How long should I hold my pee for?

naomip

Reaction score
Ok so I forgot to buy a test yesterday so couldn't test this morning. I'm going to buy one on the way home but I've never done a hpt in the afternoon. How long should I hold my pee in for? Also should I try not to drink too much water?

Also any opinions on drinking in he 2ww? I'm 12dpo and supposed to be going out tonight. I usually don't drink at all in the 2ww but it starts to limit your social options after so many months of trying! Baby dust :dust: X x x

I think they ideally say about 4 hours with not too much fluid intake to dialute it if its a frer I think you would get a good idea from the result

As far as drinking I cant say id personally think go off your body result and gut instinct but have a good time :) xx

Hey I tested about 4pm and got a positive after not drinking much ( a can of juice probs) and hadnt peed for a few hours. Oooh good luck hon. Also re 2ww I don't drink in excess but I tend to carry on as normal and will do til I see a pos. everyone is sooo different tho. X x

Test wise I agree with the above.

Drinking wise, I never used to drink in the 2ww but after a few months of negatives I drank if I wanted to. You can't continuously put your life on hold, and as long as you don't go over the top drinking, at this early point it should be fine xx

I think around 3 hours without having had too much water should be fine. Fingers crossed for you!! As for drinking i do normally drink in the 2WW, ttc is hard enough without a couple of glasses of wine with the hubby on a weekend! I think as long you don't go necking the voddy you'll be fine to have one or two small ones and make them last the evening xx

Good luck. Having a glass or 2 of wine won't hurt, I think it's getting completely hammered they advise against x

Just try not to pee for 2-3 hours and that should be fine for testing.

Regarding drinking, I think there has to be some normality in the 2ww and a couple of drinks shouldn't harm. That said by the time I get close to my period due date, I get very anxious about drinking anything and it is often the cause of me testing early. In just over a week my friend, who is living abroad, is home and has organised a birthday meal out. It will be 3/4 days earlier than I would like to test this month, but I can see me testing just because of the desire to know.

Really hoping your test this afternoon puts a massive smile on your face, let us know - good luck xx

Last edited:
Holy crap! I thinks it's positive!!!!! I'll try to put a pic up in a new thread because I actually don't believe it could be positive! It must be my eyes! I'm so nervous!

Hurry up and post a new thread! I'm refreshing my screen constantly! :p
Really hope this is it for you Naomi :) xx

Oh so excited - get it up xxxx

Ahhhhh the pic is on my phone and it won't open the attachment from there! I'm trying! I need your eyes lol! X

Can you try sending it to one of us so we can upload it instead? I can inbox you my email if that would help? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back