How long is a piece of string?

Cameron2010

Reaction score
Hi,

I know that asking when I will ovulate after a miscarriage is like asking how long a piece of string is lol as it varies for everyone, but I was wondering what everyones personal experience was?

I found out that my hcg was back to zero on Mon 15th August, started bleeding on Thursday 18th August, bled until Friday 26th August.

Given that my normal ovulation is on CD10, I've seen people say that this would mean I ovulate 10 days after 0hcg was detected, people say that it would be 10 days after bleeding started and others say 10 days after bleeding stopped. I've also seen people say they didn't ovulate til several weeks later.

Anyone know when I'm likely to ovulate or can share their own experience? I was only a few days late for normal AF so not even 4 weeks when I had negative test.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I had one early loss when bleeding came a couple days later than my period would have been. I must have ovulated about the same time as normal on my next cycle and got pregnant again right away. I think a lot of ladies find an early loss doesnt change their cycles much but others find it puts their next cycle out by 2 or 3 weeks.

I had another loss (after two successful pregnancies) at 10 weeks. It took quite a while for the hcg to get to 0. The last betta I did it was 6 and could still see a faint shadow on urine tests. A couple of days later the shadow was gone and a couple of days after that I got a positive OPK even though the bleeding hadn't totally stopped. So in that case according to the OPK I may have ovulated about 5 weeks after the bleeding started and before it stopped.

Last edited:
I can't help much really, I mc'd start of this month, I tried not to focus on ttc this month as thought I'd take the advice of waiting one cycle to get back to normal routine to be able to track progress better,, I did do my usual OPK's and I think I ovulated on cd 19 or cd20 instead of my usual cd15, be able to judge better when AF eventually comes and back to a hopefully more normal cycle.

Interested in seeing the responses to this. Found out yesterday that my pregnancy isn't viable although my body is showing no signs of miscarrying yet. I have been bleeding for a week but that doesn't seem to be related which is a bit confusing. Cervix is still closed, still getting strong positives on tests, gestational sac still in place albeit empty. I'm hoping I won't need to take anything and it'll all just happen naturally in the next week or two. After next week I won't see my oh til November so hoping everything is back to normal by then.

Cameron, in my extensive googling (done nothing but google for the past week or so) I've seen several people say they ovulated again within a week or two of miscarrying, I'm not sure there's much rhyme nor reason to it. I'm going to order a bunch of cheap opks and just start testing every other day until I start to see a line.

I got my period 32 days after m/c when usually I'd be on a 30 day cycle so that's not too far out of what's regular I suppose. I seemed to understand from the doctors that as long as nothing gets left behind you should go back to normal. I was doing the preg tests they gave me and watching them get fainter.
Can't say for certain if I ovulated though.. I'm starting temping next month for that reason xx

I'm cd33 and still waiting for any sign of AF on her way so I can go back to tracking ovulation, didn't ov this month I don't think so maybe that's why there's the delay or it's purely down to mc hormones, so frustrating now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back