How long has the excuse worked for you?

Something I have been thinking about recently,...when your baby is first born you are told to forget the housework and concentrate on your baby. But when does this excuse 'run out'? I'm still trying to get back into the swing of keeping on top of housework etc as well as looking after myself and Damien.

How are you all doing?

I am still using the excuse and will for a while yet I reckon.

I do the housework etc but things are not like they were before, but with a bambino I can't expect them to be.

Keep using the excuse until they leave home ;)

x

LOL cheers glad it's not just me! I was feeling lazy because I'm not able to be as tidy as I like.

I am a bit uptight about not being able to do much around the house because I know I tend to be lazy and untidy anyway. However, I asked OH if he thought I was trying it on a bit still asking him to do stuff, and he said no, he wanted me to keep taking it easy and when I felt I could do more to ease back into it. So that's what I'm doing - he still does all the heavy lifting. I'm lucky in that OH is self employed so he's at home with me most of the time, even if he's in the home office and I'm in the rest of the house. Naomi and I get coffee breaks :D

Cuddles in the middle of the day are another perk :oops: :D :shock:

Sue

It has been getting me down but yesterday I bought a seagrass chest and put all the junk in that....tidy house but no-one is allowed to open that chest or the cupboard under the stairs :oops: :D

LOL I have a basic 2up 2down house with no hidy holes except the store cupboard - Damien's room is currently a tip instead! I get really bugged for not doing housework, but I'm so knackered I end up just sitting here for half the day :shock:

I always have the good intention, just don't do it!

i do a bit of house work everyday so i keep on top of it, then me and jase blitz the house on sundays

i feel like the flat gets messy and dirty dead quick these days. I just do what i can, when i can. I've stared carrying eva around in her vibrating chair when im in different rooms otherwise she does little screams for attention.

you should be resting anyway sami!! get those feet up missy. x

If visitors start wiping dust off the chairs before they sit down, you know you have a problem :wink: Until then, sod it.

Think I still have my nesting hormones, so I'm still going stupid cleaning out cupboards, dusting cornices, polishing the front door and other daft jobs which I've NEVER done before :oops:

Tracy xx

Well to be honest with Amy being the age she is ALL the toys come out at the same time and if i try and tidy up she just messes up so during the day my house is like a jumble sale- i tidy up when she goes to bed. i have to hoover ever other day cos of all Amy's crumbs and squashed biscuit etc dusting is erm........... once a fortnight!! lol

The only place i keep on top of is the bathroom especially the toilet (men don't aim very well!!)

I don't do it unless i have to- Don't worry about it, if people don't like it then they don't come round simple as that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back