How long do you keep a bottle (ff mums)

Olive

Reaction score
Do you chuck a bottle if over an hour or less/more?

We use aptamil. The ready made cartons say use within an hour; however, the powder says use within 2 I think.

I just made a bottle to see if lo would take it (been over 3 hours and as I'm up thought would try - no such luck). I just wondered if you'd bin it now or if up again within an hour or 2 still use it.

Thanks

The SMA ready made says 24 hours once opened. The max I'll leave a powder bottle is an hour

I always for example put 6 oz of boiled water and leave to cool in bottle. When I'm ready to use I top up to 8oz with boiling water then add powder. If we going out il put boiling water in to correct oz and either put the powder in a bag and mix later or take fully mixed ready bottle and don't use later than 2 hours x

1hr here I wouldn't want to drink warm milk sitting out for 2hrs in spite of what the box says.

In the night I just bring boiled water in the sterile bottle and add the milk powder if he wakes and stick it in the warmer.

Can I ask.....with the two hours would you put it in the fridge until LO wants to finish it or just keep it out? Sorry to gate crash just wondering? X

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

We're 2 hours max & thats it being made from scratch & left sitting out.

One time I fed LO a bottle that had been out for 5 hours by mistake, I felt terrible. He was fine though.

:roll:

Can I ask.....with the two hours would you put it in the fridge until LO wants to finish it or just keep it out? Sorry to gate crash just wondering? X

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

I just keep mine out x

I pop them back in the fridge and stick to 2 hours.

sent from my Galaxy s2

Sma ready made is 24 hours if in carton and in fridge but not once its put in a bottle

Thanks for replies. I'll start keeping them a bit longer now :) x

Sma ready made is 24 hours if in carton and in fridge but not once its put in a bottle

i know this is a slightly old tread but just googling cos so confused over this, i thought the 2 hour rule with ready mde cartons wasa if they had started to drink from bottle?

LO is only 6 days old and is drnking 120ml bottles so was gong to put the 250 mil carton into 2 bottles when out and about and use the second one 4 hours later at her next feed should i not be dong that?also if in a bottle even for just the 2 hours does it have to be in fridge

is so complicated

I did all this with my LO, but my sister has just had a baby and her midwife and HV have both told her to make up bottles 6 at a time and put them in the fridge until needed!
Who knows!

*Sent from TapaTalk*SonyEricssonX10MiniPro*

There's so much conflicting advice its hard to know what or who to trust. Angel is on SMA Gold and I make all her feeds throughout the day fresh as and when (she feeds 4 hourly so I know when to make up the bottle). I only keep it for the 2 hours at room temp and only 1 hour if she's started drinking from it. If we're going out I take a carton (unopened) and a sterilised bottle and just use it when she needs. At night I make her 2 bottles at 6pm and put them straight in the fridge and heat them when needed (she wakes at 5am for a feed and I heat the other bottle for her next morning feed). Apparently the bottles can be kept in the fridge for 24 hours and reheated once when needed. All HV's + MWs I've spoken to have all said the same, they have to say don't pre-make and store bottles, make every feed fresh etc however one of them said she had twins and used to make 24 bottles at a time (don't blame her!) and she also said to raise my baby how I wish :) hope this helps. xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back