How long did your labour last?

michelle82

Reaction score
Ok just a quickie since I'm due tomorrow and not sure what to expect please answer the above poll. Ta! :D

12 hours from start to finish with my daughter, 6 hours from start to finish with my son.

23 hours from my waters breaking but 19 hours from when the pain started. I have voted for 23 hours as thats what it says on my hospital notes. Active labour 12.5 hours :D

I was in slow labour for a week :( - active labour (from 3cm dilated) was 5 hours.

went in to labour midnight on sunday gave birth 6.30pm monday!

1st labour = 27 hours
2nd labour = 3 hours
3rd labour = 6.5 hours
Good luck Michelle - hope it goes quick and easy!
Emilia xx

From start to finish 16 hours, first contraction at 4.30 am, gave birth at 8.31 pm, active labour was about 4 hours.

Good luck!!!!

First labour: 24 hours

Second labour: induced at 10 am, bored for hours, then went from 5cm to having baby in 40 mins!

my first labour was 37 hours am really hoping this time will be a lot quicker :shock: xxxxxxxxxxxx

rach said:
my first labour was 37 hours am really hoping this time will be a lot quicker :shock: xxxxxxxxxxxx

I hoped the same and boy was it quicker! Hardly any pain at all until 5 cms, then 40 mins and 2 pushes later he was here! :shock:

1st was 48 hours (not an option on your poll!!)
2nd was less than 2 hours.

This time I am hoping for something in between!!

wow 48 hours and i thought i had it bad kerry less than 2 hours on 2nd sounds good though although having baby that quick didnt u go into shock or anything like that, my friend had her 2nd baby within 40 mins and went into really bad shock she was quite poorly :( xxxxxxxxx

Yep, I would actually rather have the 48 hour labour again if I had to choose - I felt so bed after the quick one and I also dislocated my pelvis too as it was just too quick for my bones to stretch slowly and naturally so was in a lot of pain for months after.

Thats why this time I would like something in between........6 hours would be nice!!

My waters broke at 1am.
My contractions started at 3.30am.
Got to hospital at 7am.
Started pushing at about 8.30am.
Phoebe arrived with no intervention at 11.05am.

Contractions started christmas day at 2.15am, Seren was born at 11.44pm on the 27th Dec. As the first 2 days were pre-labour (they said they wouldn't count it unless I was 5cm dilated and they seem to only have included the pushing bit on my labour report it says length of labour 1hr 55mins. Not having that, I felt every sodding contraction!!!! :D

It said on my notes I was pushing for 2 1/2 hours but it was 40 minutes cos I timed it. My health visitor said I must be mistaken cos I was out of it, but I most certainly wasnt out of it I remember every last detail!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back