how long did you sterilise

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
i think there are topics on this, but wanted a fresh opinion :)

how long to sterilize?

some say 6months, some say 12 months and ive seen alot of people say when there putting things in there mouths.

how long did you sterilize for? and if until baby puts things into his mouth, how old was that? and are we talking about just randomly picking up everything to taste, or the occasional thing.

:)

i stopped at 6 months as hv said it didnt matter after that because she was having spoons and cups and bowls that were not sterilized

i stopped sterilizing dummies when millie was about 3 or 4 months coz she was picking stuff up and chewing it anyway then. if her dummy drops on the floor ill suck it myself before i give it to her.

iv only just started a bit of formula feeding and i do sterilize the bottles and where milk is concerned i think i will keep doing til she's 12 months coz bacteria thrives on milk i think?

dont suck the dummies lol.

my mom used to do that, and it wansnt until the 3rd time she got thrush she realised it was froim sucking the dummies after they been dropped on the floor lol

I am still sterilizing :oops:

I dont know why though, as she eats ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she finds on the floor, the dog food, and even licks shoes :puke:

I dont think I bring myself to stop until she hits the 12 month mark in less than 3 weeks time :doh:

Im gonna keep sterilising bottles for a bit longer because the milk can harbour some seriously nasty bacteria but his bowls and spoons are put through the dishwasher and dummies are washed in normal water.

i stopped at about 6 months, i just washed all of alanas things in fresh water with antibacterial washing up liquid.

we only steralised bottles/beakers adn stopped around 12 months

I still steralise. Going to stop once I've got over this bug

I stopped sterilising dummies at 6 months but carried on sterilising bottles until Jake was 12 months. I never sterilised bowls and cutlery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back