How long did you pain last?

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just wondering everyone's experience with natural miscarriage...
I passed everything on Monday, everything on google says the pain will go away a couple days after that. I've never had this before and with my previous losses the pain lasted a few days after I passed the tissue etc.
Now a week later still taking painkillers and it fking hurts still. Not as bad but is this normal? The bleeding had been heavy and bright red constantly (never bled bright red for this long) it stopped a little yesterday, then today like it was starting all over again!! Usually it would have ended by now or at least turned brown and into spotting.
I start work again tomorrow, don't want to ask for more time off :/ xx

Hello,

As you read from my thread, i had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in early hours of Tuesday Morning. The pain remained till Friday night and it has pretty much gone this weekend. I didnt feel anything at all today. The bleeding is still there but not really heavy. I'm taking anti biotics to prevent infection.

Everyones body is different to be honest and its prob taking you a little while longer to recover. However, I would suggest you speak to your GP. You prob still have tissue to pass hence the pain... but if it continues to hurt really badly, it could be a sign of infection.
Let us know how you get on x

Sorry to hear you're still in pain Peanut :( my natural MC was really strange as I had no pain while I was bleeding (5 days or so), maybe a couple of little niggles but not really painful. But then a full week after the MC and a couple of days after the bleeding had stopped, i was doubled over in agony with cramps. It seemed very strange to be in pain after it was all over but then I remembered that you get after pains after giving birth as the uterus shrinks back down, so I wondered whether that was the cause, it seemed to make sense. I hope you're feeling better soon lovely xxx definitely see your GP if it doesn't stop soon as they may scan you to make sure eeverything has passed xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back