how long did it take?

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
how long did it take for your pelvic floor to return to normal?

i dribble wee when i caugh/sneeze/laugh and squat/lift etc. i am doing my exercises and things have improved alot (at first i used to fully wee myself without even knowing i needed the toilet). its really getting me down though now :(

I leaked for a while because my tear didn't heal, and it didn't improve until I had had the op to repair the tear. I couldn't feel my pelvic floor to do my exercises. I was refered to a continence clinic but they couldn't do anything until after the op - but then it seemed to fix itself.
I would mention it at your six week check if its still an issue then - at the clinic they were obviously quite used to seeing new Mums.
Try not to worry in the meantime - it will take some time.
All the best
Andrea

everything SEEMED to be back to normal within a few months, but occasionally i realise it isnt- a month or two ago i was running as i was late for work from my lunch break and a bit of wee came out! i was utterly mortified. that never wouldve happened before!

Im pretty sure my pelvic floor actually fell out as i can barely even smile without widdling any more :wink:
One good trick to excercise it is while you are having sex keep squeezing you OH's willy in there if he says he can feel it it is working :D

trixipaws said:
everything SEEMED to be back to normal within a few months, but occasionally i realise it isnt- a month or two ago i was running as i was late for work from my lunch break and a bit of wee came out! i was utterly mortified. that never wouldve happened before!

:rotfl: :hug:

It doesnt take too long to get a bit of control back but like trix I still have my moments sometimes, like when I sneeze or burst out laughing a bit too suddenly lol

Sounds to me like things are improving just fine for you. Really. You gave birth less than 6 weeks ago and it can take a while for things to get back to normal. Pelvic floor and just make sure you go to the loo often.

If its only happening when you exert yourself and then only a dribble I'd say just to wait and see what happens.

FWIW I'm on 17 weeks and due to see the urologist and gynacologist in October about my incontinence problem. They won't touch you until at least 6 months have passed with incontinence after giving birth. I'm being seen a month early as its really crap being me atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back