How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
As the title says, really!!

And also, how much did you put on?

X

With my daughter I put on 2 stone and it took around a year and a half to lose the weight but I was never really happy with it!
With my son I put on 2 stone again and 14 months later I'm lighter than I was before I fell pregnant.
It takes time hun xx

I put on 2 stone and lost it within a couple of weeks of giving birth. I probably didn't eat enough throughout the pregnancy. I now weigh the same as before I was pregnant but have a very flabby belly. I guess we are all different, its normal to have some additional fat stored for breastfeeding x

I gained just over a stone, went back to pre pregnancy weight after 2 months but my hips, thighs and tummy were still bigger than they were before. I think I gained a few pounds at 3 months because I was drinking too much sugary full fat energy drinks (not good)
Cut that out and I'm a few pounds lighter than I was pre pregnancy. That's after 7 months. But I'm not on any diets can't do them as I get obsessive, won't have scales in my house either. I was overweight before by about 2 stone!!!! Still am, but it's my own fault for eating the wrong stuff. I don't like being overweight but I'm just not motivated to do anything about it. I'm a 14 in most clothes so I'm not massive! Would be nice to go back 9 years to 21 and be a size 6 :lol:

You'll lose if you want to Hun.
X

I put on three stone and it took 7months to loose and then the same week I reached pre pregnancy weight I found out I was pregnant again so I will be back to square one again June!

I did the first stone on my own and then joined slimming world as I started struggling after that the weight fell off me :)

My boy is 6 months old, I put on 5 (yikes!) stone when pregnant, and have lost 3 so far. Its odd because I was a size 12 before and I'm now in 14-16 clothes, but am 2 stone heavier.

With my DD I piled on 41/2 stone but worked hard and got rid in about 9 months, this time I vowed not to make the same greedy mistakes I made last time but things were very different and I was very ill in tri one so lost a stone and half which I never put back on so strangely I'm a stone lighter after giving birth than when I fell pregnant, same size 12 though but with a flabby belly! Think I've lost muscle tone though as I'm normally a gym addict but not back into it yet properly so guess I'll put it back on again soon!

I put on just over 1.5 stone lost it all but 4lb by 8 weeks then it was christmas and put almost a stone back on! 14 months later im now half a stone lighter than pre-pregnancy but still have a flabby belly! xx

I was quite lucky - I think I put on a stone but it was all baby/placenta and I was back to normal weight after the birth. Lots of flabby skin though, my belly was like a deflated balloon! Only just getting back to normal shape now :)

I sent from 8st9 to 11s7. :-( i now weight 10st7

I haven't started to work out I'm waiting for my 8week check, i was an 8/10 and now I'm a 14. My tummy sent right down... still a bit flabby but the weight is all on my assume and thighs xx

I put on 2 stone and lost all of it by the time Lucas 3-4 months. Now he is 7 months and I am the lightest I have ever been for some strange reason (weigh 1/2 stones less than I did pre-pregnancy). xx

I put on 2 stone and I'm
Now below my pre preg weight but still have a tummy so the weight I think came of my face and other parts of my body!!!!

Just out of curiosity, do the ladies who are lighter than pre prego weight bf or ff?
X

About 6 months and I breastfed xx

I put on a stone but like becky it was practically all baby and placenta so I lost it pretty much straight away and regained my pre-preg figure after about 6 weeks x as the others have said though it will take time-it took 9 months to put it on so it might take at least that long to lose it xxx I think you've done fantastically to lose 3 stone in 6 months xxx

Thanks Helen, although a lot of it came off without even trying - water retention galore! I'm trying not to be obsessed, I'd rather lose it slowly but permanently but I'm seriously sick of not fitting in all my clothes! I miss them! I bet as soon as I lose it all, I'll be preggo with the next!! Lol...

I put on 1st9lb, I was a healthy and heavy size 12 before. Have 1.5lb to go 1 month after c-section and have been eating what I want ( as healthy ad poss) as breastfeeding. Think bf is amazing for weight loss! Back in normal clothes now but have a small flabby belly which one day i will try and tone up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back