How long between seeing gp and hearing from midwife?

twinkles

Reaction score
Hi girls, I saw gp Monday and my details were passed on to the local midwives, how long should I wait to hear from them? I can't remember last time how long it was but I do remember imy details were never passed on so had to call them myself! Suppose I'm thinking the same will happen this time but I wondered should it be days/weeks?! X

Hi, I saw GP at about 7 weeks and still haven't heard from local Midwives - I'm wondering now if he's forgotten? I may call later to check........

Last edited:
Def call I'm sure your supposed to see midwife for booking appointment around 8 weeks!x

hey, I have to see my gp, who passes the infor to the local midwife, but i had to call them the day after seeing my gp so they would have my name and chase the information if it didnt get to them. I had my booking in last thursday (by lmp i was 8w2d)

Hope this helps x x

Hi

I never saw a gp when I called my surgery they gave a me a phone number that I had to ring at 6 weeks and then said midwife will contact you in 3-4 weeks time and I'm now 8 weeks !

Vicki xx

Hi, I saw GP at about 7 weeks and still haven't heard from local Midwives - I'm wondering now if he's forgotten? I may call later to check........

I would definitely call hun, you should have heard ages ago! x x

I heard from mw about 10 days after seeing gp, not got booking in for another 2 weeks yet though x x

Ok will hang on for a bit, was told I would get an early scan so want them to hurry up and get things moving!x

Def call I'm sure your supposed to see midwife for booking appointment around 8 weeks!x

Oh don't worry Hon I've had my booking appointment and an early scan at the Hospital, but was told by GP community mw's would also contact me. I've just rung GP's and got their number.x

Yeah my booking in appointment will have taken ages between going to the GP and seeing the MW. Saw GP at 5 weeks and have a booking in appointment when I'm 11. I think it depends on the area but NHS website it can range from 8 - 13 weeks. I have my 12 week scan when I'm 12 weeks though xx

told my gp as soon as i found out via phone and got 2 see the midwife at almost 8 weeks

I didn't have to see my GP, just rang my surgery and was referred to the midwives

doctor referred me at 8-9 weeks but 10-11 i hadnt heard anything so i rang the midwife team and gthey looked it all up for me and the letter was being sent out that day and saw mw at 12 weeks x

I saw my doctor at 6 weeks then they rang a week later to book me in at 8 weeks with the midwife. Had my scan on Monday at nearly 12 weeks. Have to commend my docs they have been really efficient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back