How long are you planning on having baby in with you

LD1978

Reaction score
I know they say 6 months but literally everyone I've spoken to said they only did about 6 weeks! Is this true?? I was going to hire an NCT bednest but if thats the case I may aswell get a moses basket or something x

My little girl moved into her own room at 8 months would have been 6 but room wasent ready we just moved in ,this baby wil b 6 months when he/she goes into on room x

Well we're only in a one bed so until we move in New Year, baby is in with us.

I'd have def had him in for the first 6 months though, regardless of bedroom situation.

xxxxxx

I was thinking 6 months too but people keep saying it wont happen!! I still think I'll invest in the bed nest xx

It s recommend for the first 6 months , but do what works for you x

6 months is recommended to lower risk of SIDS, as they learn by copying your breathing.

As my SIL died of SIDS, there's no way this baby will be moving before that.
DD was just after a year

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

My oh works in a high pressured job so it wouldn't be fair on him to have the baby in with us if it disturbs him. He'll be in with us for the first 2 weeks whilst he's on pat leave then he'll either be in with me in the spare room in his Moses basket or if he's settled enough in his cot in his nursery with a video monitor on him. My aim is to get him into a routine of sleeping on his own ASAP x

Our LO was in with us for around 6 months like they recommend. With our second, they'll be in with us for 6 months, then depending on how well they sleep, they'll either go in with our daughter or into the box room! It's just our daughter sleeps so well I'd hate for her sleep pattern to be wrecked!!

My first baby lasted 2 nights in our room, and second baby never came in our room. Baby's room was just next door though, so could hear them no problem.

We were planning on keeping LO in with us for 6 months, but he started to outgrow his moses basket really quickly! He also always settles better in his cot, so went in his own room around 8 weeks in. We have a video monitor so can see and hear everything that he does - the camera on the monitor has amazing night vision with the ability to zoom in/out from the parent control pad - its awesome and makes me feel more confident! :) xx

We had max in with us for about 4 months. I breastfed and it was much easier to have him next to me in his crib so I could pick him up, fed him and put him back down, to be honest it never woke my OH up. But max was a snuffly baby and I found he was keeping me awake and us moving around would disturb him so he went in his own cot. He loved it, likes his own space does my boy :) xxx

I ppl an to do about 5 months as only taking 6 months of work so that way I can get baby used to being in his own room (which is right next door) before I go back to work. Will just see how it goes and how I feel at the time though this is my first so all new to me! X

We moved our LO at 10 weeks as he was so noisy! He's been fine and it's definitely personal choice x

My lo is 5 months and will still be in with us for a good few months yet; I don't think I'd cope with her being in her own room! Love having her right next to me all night x

I'm planning on having ours in with us for as long as necessary. I think once she's sleeping through the night, she can go in her own room. However, when it comes to it, if it doesn't feel right and feels too early, then so be it. I'll just go with my gut. We've bought a baby monitor with sensor mat which I think will really help us to relax and move her to her own room quite early, but again, what ever goes when the time comes! :)

I'm getting a Bednest or similar and planning on having them in with us for at least 6 months. I think planning to EBF for that amount of time is a big part of it atm

We are aiming for 4-6 months but will see how the things go. And how long baby stays in Moses basket or how well baby me and hubby sleep with baby in I'm not setting anything hard n fast rule xx

its a long way to go yet but were hoping for the full 6 months i think. were preparing for it now by trying to get the cats used to thebedrooms being a nogo zone. theyre not happy but they'll have to live with it. im sure theyll be fine. we have rediculously laid back and calm cats

I was aiming for 5-6 months but only have a Moses basket and he's a right little chunk so I imagine he'll outgrow that way before 5 months...

I wanted to keep my baby in my room for 6 months, but the post pregnancy hormones meant I changed into a very light sleeper so I was responding to every grunt and groan whjch he Was doing in hjs sleep.....which meant I didn't get hardly any sleep. He was also a very noisy breather and snorer. I was even more sleep deprived than I should of been and becoming an unhappy mummy so he slept in the spare room with daddy (who is heavy sleeper,) until 8 weeks then we put him in his own room. It's fab as I can actually sleep when he sleeps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back