How long after positive opk to you o?

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know the official line is 12-48 hours after positive opk you ovulate.....but I wanted to know from your experiences how long does it normal take you? (If you chart you will probably know)

I got my positive yesterday (cd14) - dtd, but didn't do it cd13, but did do it cd12. I'm following smep....however, I can't help but worry I might have missed it by skipping cd13

I had a positive OPK about 7pm on day, and the following day I had cramps around the same time which I think was OV so about 24 hours for me.

I think they give 12 - 48 hours because everyone is different though!

Just because I am difficult I usually get a pos opk about 2-8 hours before ov pains so mine is pretty instant and not in the 12-48 hour window that is normal at all. I think it is something that is very variable.

I think your chances are great, missing day 13 I wouldn't think is an issue at all.

Thanks both. After you ovulate is that when the 12 hour count down begins? An egg only lives 12 hours right?

If I were to get a negative opk today would that indicate I have already ovulated and vice versa?

Eggs live about 12 to 24 hours hun. I think you will be ok missing day 13. They say every other day is best.

I am now about 1dpo so long ttw wait...

x

If you get a negative OPK it means your LH level has dropped, but that doesn't mean you actually ovulated unfortunately. Only temping can show you certainly ovulated.

When you get a negative OPK it usually means you have already OVd though!

If you get a negative OPK it means your LH level has dropped, but that doesn't mean you actually ovulated unfortunately. Only temping can show you certainly ovulated.

When you get a negative OPK it usually means you have already OVd though!

It doesn't mean you've already ov'd, it means that your body has surged the LH and indicated to the ovaries that it's time to release the egg, the egg will then be released sometime within 48 hours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back