How long after +opk to do hpt?

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
When do you think I can test for pregnancy after opk?

I got a positive on Thursday 28th....but that doesn't neccessarily mean that was my o day.

In my head I've pinpointed 28,29th,30th and 31st as possible o days!

Desperate to test already...what do you think is the earliest I can test?

I would say it is too early to test. Especially if you say one of your possible OV days is the 31st. That would only make you 4dpo. If it was the 28th/29th you could possible test or in a few days if you cant wait for missed AF.

Good Luck and FX :)

Thanks for your reply. I wish I knew when o was...I tried temping but think most of my readings were inaccurate! I hate tww! Feels so helpless and loooonnnngggg

Aw it feels like it will never end. I am going to try and hold out POAS this cycle until AF is due. But I am already thinking about them and I am only 2dpo aha!!

Thanks blackcat. Problem is though my last cycle was 31, and previous two were 28 or 29 (not long been off pill) so I'm not sure what my average cycle is. Also the +opk doesn't mean that was my o day does it? Fertility friend and kindara put af due on 14th.....hope it's accurate

We are roughly the same time though - cycle buddies! Hope we get our bfp.

I'm on holiday on the 13th....I told myself not to test until I get back and test around 19th....as if af hasn't arrived by 19th I can expect a bfp! I know though I don't have the willpower....I will either test 11/12th and/or take tests with me. It's so hard!

Good luck x

Just chatting about tests makes me want to test! I will probably test based an all of the possible o dates on the calculator! And if it's negative convince myself it must just be too early...just like I did the previous months! Poas addict

Your cycles sound a bit like mine. Mine are between 29 and 31 days on average.

I tried SMEP, but OH was ill at the critical moment so I'm not holding out much hope for this cycle. I don't want to waste HPTs, so I'm going to try and hold off testing until I know AF is late. Bet I'll cave and test early though :)

Have an amazing holiday x

Thanks. We attempted smep this month too, but it went a bit wrong! told myself it's much better if we do it everyday instead, and then hubby got too tired to keep going at the critical positive opk moment! Dtd cd 6,8,10,11,12,14,16,17,20. Do you reckon the fertile window is covered enough with skipping those days 13 and 15?

What cycle day did you get your positive opk?

Mine was cd14....the reason I don't trust that was the o day was that I got a peak reading on my CB digi last month on cd12, so expected o on cd14....but ended up with a 31 day cycle so I think I might o 3 days after positive...but who knows?

I reckon you're covered. Most of the advice says every other day is enough, and it looks like you managed that throughout your fertile period. Fx for you

I got my +OPK on CD14 and a temperature spike on CD15. Absolutely no symptoms at the moment so I don't think this is my month

Don't count yourself out too early.....it's still very early for symptoms. And think of all those women who don't know they are pregnant for months - they must have had no symptoms.

Good luck to you....will b looking out for your updates x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back