How is everyone today?

Becs

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread that people can just say what's going on with them. I am always really curious what everyones up to. How are nerves, sickness etc...

I went for my blood test today ahead of my scan on Friday and they took 4 attempts to get the blood. I am covered in bruises, I think she was pretty incompetent, she finally got it from the back of my hand but didn't release the strap before she took the needle out so, I made a bit of a mess on her skirt. Was pretty gross, I burst into tears to (stupid hormones) nothing to do with the pain. Chuh!! It's quite funny now.

How are you lot?

Hi Becs,

Im feeling pretty great this week to be honest. Started to tell everyone this week & so I feel much more relaxed now that its out in the open and I can freely talk about my pregnancy.

I have my scan on Friday so I cant wait for that, I know I shouldnt worry but there is a niggling thought in the back of my head that is for some reason causing me to worry slightly. Im sure its natural, but I just hope that everything is ok. I have heard the heartbeat, the midwife found it at just over 10 weeks so I know I shouldnt worry.

I seem to have a bit more energy this week as well, im not as tired on an evening. Normally im in bed by 10 but Im really not exhausted like I used to be. Maybe im entering the blooming phase, lets hope so!

Somehow my ticker seems to have added 1 day to itself, I should be 13 weeks tomorrow........hmmm strange?

Hey Charlie!

What time is your scan on Friday? Mines 1pm.

I really get what you are saying about that niggling feeling that something is wrong, I can't help thinking that I am either going to walk out of it beaming from ear to ear or in floods of tears!

I guess it is the most natural thing to feel and I have read it many times on here from other mothers ahead of their scan so i guess we are normal.

I am planning to come out at work when I get back on Friday afternoon. I can see why you would have already, being over a week ahead of me. It must feel great. I am so glad to hear you are having such a good week :D

Becs

Hi becs!

Had my 1st bout of morning sickness last nite and this morning, strange for symptons to start at 10 weeks but there you go!

Looking at ordering a doppler off eBay tonight, can't wait to hear baby's heartbeat! Anyone else got / getting one of these?

Andrea x

Hi Becs

Well i'm still tearing my hair out with frustration from waiting i really don't know how you've made it to 12 weeks. I really take my hat off to all you girls who've patiently had to wait 12 weeks for there first scan.

I'll be 6 weeks when i have my scan on Tuesday to rule out that these pains arn't ectopic and i've just realised even if everything seems ok i probably still won't relax because i've read stories on hear of ladies who have had 6 week scans and everything has been fine only to fine out later they have had/are having a M/C.

I guess i've just got to slowely accept the fact that the 1st 12 weeks are fraught with worry and risks for every mum and i'm no different.

I just don't now how to make the days pass quicker any ideas?

BTW I'm down to POAS once a day which isn't perfect but definetly progress :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

andreaaa said:
Hi becs!

Had my 1st bout of morning sickness last nite and this morning, strange for symptons to start at 10 weeks but there you go!

Looking at ordering a doppler off eBay tonight, can't wait to hear baby's heartbeat! Anyone else got / getting one of these?

Andrea x

I have a doppler. It's great. So far I can hear my heartbeat okay but although I can't hear babies, I do get a reading for her of between 135 and 135, I also hear swishing which is supposed to be her moving or the placenta

Little miss pink said:
Hi Becs

Well i'm still tearing my hair out with frustration from waiting i really don't know how you've made it to 12 weeks. I really take my hat off to all you girls who've patiently had to wait 12 weeks for there first scan.

I'll be 6 weeks when i have my scan on Tuesday to rule out that these pains arn't ectopic and i've just realised even if everything seems ok i probably still won't relax because i've read stories on hear of ladies who have had 6 week scans and everything has been fine only to fine out later they have had/are having a M/C.

I guess i've just got to slowely accept the fact that the 1st 12 weeks are fraught with worry and risks for every mum and i'm no different.

I just don't now how to make the days pass quicker any ideas?

BTW I'm down to POAS once a day which isn't perfect but definetly progress :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I had a scan at 7 weeks and it definetly didn't stop all the worry but did help. I then bought a doppler at 9 weeks which worked straight away so that helped too. There is also a sort of mind set you get in of just being used to a permenent state of waiting and feelig slightly in the woods. It feels like you will be that way for ever and then suddenly you notice week nine somehow became week eleven. I don't think there is anyway around it, you just get used to it. You'll be fine though, you are already half way theres

Hi

I'm ok, still POAS occassional, this morning the + line was stronger then the test line :cheer: Going to see the Dr on Monday after work

Freaking out though I may have to reapply for my job in December/Jan due to restructuring- when do you reckon I might start to show a bump as I want to hide it until I know my job is safe and got the all clear from the Nuchal scan?

Mx

Hey Moofa,

I reckon you'll be okay by then. You should still be easily able to hide the bump. It is however illegal to hold being pregnant against you so they really shouldn't be able to make a judgement against you because you are pregnant.

Still peeing on sticks :rotfl: Once an addict always and addict!

Becs said:
Hey Moofa,

I reckon you'll be okay by then. You should still be easily able to hide the bump. It is however illegal to hold being pregnant against you so they really shouldn't be able to make a judgement against you because you are pregnant.

Still peeing on sticks :rotfl: Once an addict always and addict!

Thanks Becs. I'm also disabled so double wammy if they didn't give me my job I could get them on that too!

It would be amusing, 2 weeks after getting my job back I would say thanks and I'm pregnant ha ha! :rotfl:

I meant to say as well I got a really faint line on 11DPO and 12DPO a stronger one and so on, do you reckon may be I am further along by a few days then I thnk? I suppose my 12 week scan will show, just surprised to even get a line at 11DPO!

[quote="Moofa"Thanks Becs. I'm also disabled so double wammy if they didn't give me my job I could get them on that too!

It would be amusing, 2 weeks after getting my job back I would say thanks and I'm pregnant ha ha! :rotfl:[/quote]

I thought I might be the only one on here who is disabled but it's good to know I'm not. :wave:

And we're nearly at the same stage, too. I may be tapping you for info as this is my first and I need all the help I can get :rotfl: I'm sure you're better at it than me.

Great idea starting this thread, Becs. :hug: :hug:

Thanks flick, it passes the time doesn't it?

Moofa, I got a pretty strong line 11 and 12dpo, I had a scan at 7 weeks which confirmed I was right on dates. I think the tests are just that good these days, but hey you never know. I was charting so i knew when I had ovulated. Were you going by the 14 day rule or were you using opks or temping?

B xx

im good, booked into maternity unit for the 28th november for booking in & blood tests. they will then book me in for first tri scan - should be booke din before xmas!!!!

:cheer:

:cheer: It's all go now freepie, you'll love meeting with the midwife, makes it all seem much more real :D

Sounds like you're all doing ok! Let's keep it up!

I;m ok - only six weeks in but waking up in the night and first thing in the morning feeling so sick, it's horrible. Takes me a good hour or so before i can actually get up and dressed. i've never eaten so many crackers in my life!

Also, any one feeling absolutely whacked out? I'm really struggling to even leave the house, let alone do the hour journey to work, as i feel like i've been hit by a bus and could lie in bed all day. Bit light headed too. But to be honest, i woke up yesterday feeling fine, and then spent the whole day worrying something was wrong! No pleasing some people...

Wish i could tell my boss - would make me feel a lot less like i'm being crap at work at the moment for no reason..

Anyway, how's everyone else this sunny Thursday? Well i hope.

Kx

i am freezing here!!

took 10 mins to defrost the car - the office is so so cold!!!!!

Becs said:
Thanks flick, it passes the time doesn't it?

Moofa, I got a pretty strong line 11 and 12dpo, I had a scan at 7 weeks which confirmed I was right on dates. I think the tests are just that good these days, but hey you never know. I was charting so i knew when I had ovulated. Were you going by the 14 day rule or were you using opks or temping?

B xx

Hi

I was using OPK sticks so think it was day 14.

Sounds like you are probably abot where you think you are then moofa. Mind you my scan put me one day ahead at 7 weeks which was mad as I was temping so knew exactly which day I ov'd on. Maybe I am going to have a big baby :shock:

Yeah it's freexing here too freepie, the blinkin trains were all delayed because of ice on the tracks. I had to stand all the way in for over an hour :roll:

The 7 weeks till my scan are going to drag :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back