how is everyone managing now?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
there are quite a few of us due around the same time... how are we coping with sleeping? and all this stuff in general?

as most of you have found out.. around 30 odd weeks your hips start to really really hurt i found this happened a lot earleir when i was pregnant with charlotte...

i now sleep on top of 2 duvets.. and found this gives some relief.. i probably turn over about 6 times a night where if i didnt have the duvets under me i would turn about 20 probably..

also when i go for a wee at night feels like my hips are totally dead and are gonna come appart..however.. going for the wee is great coz it give my hips chance to get some blood back into them..

have you any remidies on your problems???

i've no remedies but wouldn't mind 1 or 2!
i have a feather pillow (those really heavy ones) which i put behind me, and then put a pillow under my knees so im at an angle.
if i just lie flat on my side then i cant walk the day after from leg pain!
im turning over endless times too and that's bl00dy hard doing now!

i get up for a wee about 2 times a night, and trying to get out of bed...... well...... u can imagine what a sight that must be! :lol:

I'm exactly the same...my hips are agony in the night and if I get through an hour of sleep without having to turn over I'm really lucky!

I'm on pillows...one between my legs to try and lift the top leg up to stop it going dead and one under my bump to try and keep my back straight.

I end up waking OH loads in the middle of the night because when I need to turn over and my hips feel like they are locked I get stuck and he has to help me turn over or sit up! And walking to the toilet is a nightmare. :roll:

Last night OH had to winch me in and out of the bath cos I was so knackered after doing some decorating that I couldn't move and I didn't have the energy to support my own weight!

It's really hardwork...I can't imagine how it'll be in a few weeks time :rotfl:

30 weeks??? my hips are killing me now, just started this week, i thought i wasnt sleeping well b4 but its slowly getting worse, still at least bubs is healtty, things could be worse

pilkers said:
midna said:
pilkers said:
It's really hardwork...I can't imagine how it'll be in a few weeks time :rotfl:

Evil lol :twisted: ....... :lol:

good god are you still here!!!???? :rotfl:

im in this much pain.. shes carrying an 8lb baby around inside her.. god.. can u imagine the pain? my hips are dead and this ones about 3 n half lb.. haha.. poor mids...

i cant remember it being this painful carrying charlotte but now i am getting little or no sleep and dread having to step out of bed in a morning :( but lets all remember what we are going to get when its all over :cheer: i never stop moaning at the moment and then i keep reminding myself its what ive wanted for so long and then i feel guilty about moaning :roll: but the next minuet i'm back to whinging lol

I am the very same, sleep is rapidly deteriorating, and im constantly turning this way and that. I cant have pillows near me they dont help at all. Oh well not long to go now really, I just cant wait to finish work

Glad the hip thing isn't just happening to me. I was worried last night that I may have PID it was so bad. I feel like either side of my hips is ignoring the other one, and they are completely out of harmony.

I'm really hoping I don't go overdue, as are we all. I am waking at night now feeling nervous, stupid with the third one and all. But different partner and a five year gap makes it all seem so different.

I am totally shitting myself, and I just want to get on with it. For some reason I am worried about the baby having the cord round its neck, or something being wrong, but I think we all worry about that don't we?

Once it starts and my adrenaline cuts in I'm sure it'll be much more straight forward. The waiting is the worst bit!

(Poor Mid... Can't imagine how you're feeling!)

Yep, I have the hip problems too...I dont remember it from last time though. It must be something that gets worse with each pregnancy, which is putting me off having any more :lol:

I'll change my mind as soon as she's here likely.

I sleep with a pillow between my knees, and one under my bump. And we have a duvet on the matress, but always do in the winter anyway, its cosy.

If I lie on my right side I just go numd but if i lie on my left, I can only bear it for about 2mins before its burning agony.

Toilet is every hour and half, not always for a wee really but gotta move my hips! And if I have a busy day, Ireally pay for it the next :lol:

Robin apologised for his poison sperm making me feel so bad this morning :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: But I asked for another baby :cheer:

No more boo-hoos for Midna, she's lovin the thought of another orifice!!

I've been quite lucky tbh... It's been better this time round than the last time. I remember being in a terrible state when I was pregnant with Tia.

I toss and turn alot... but I don't know if Tia has conditioned me to not have much sleep and I kinda survive better without it... I have to admit though, if I fall asleep on the sofa during the day, I seem to sleep better than when sleeping in bed at night, but I do wake up feeling like I've been run over by a bus.

At the moment I sleep with just a long pillow between my legs and under my bump, but I do get the dead hip thing, and need to turn.. I do find I often wake up on my back though with terrible heart burn... and I have yet to fathom out HOW it keeps happening. I don't mean too I just do..
:think:

midna said:
coor 8lb of baby .. hope you right Lis and its no fatter loooool :D ...jeez it could gain another couple ounzes if it stays till next week.

an ounze a day apparently!!!!

Wobble wobble, piss piss, wobble wobble, eat.

Repeat 10 times, that's my day and then its time for bed!

I have not had legs cramps at all throughout this pregnany...what I have had from about 10 weeks is hip cramps causing me to toss and turn alot. It wasn't too bad to begin with but as the bump grew it got more difficult to turn and so I now wake every time I turn. That will be one thing I won't miss after I have Jeni next week :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back