How is a pregnancy dated

Yes that's right. I'm exactly the same, 5+3 weeks and my last period was 1st Nov. So its dated from then.
Depending on size of baby at your 12 week scan, u may be put forward or back :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Scans really are funny things. I know exactly when I ov'ed but 3 scans have dated me as ovulating 3 days before as I was moved forward 3 days with my dates.

Also sperm can live ofr up to 5 days so if u ov'ed 5 days after u last bd'd then u could be out on ur dates by a few dates. Taking ur last period as a way of dating ur pregnancy usually gets u closer to the right age of baby. xx

Another factor is that sperm lives up to 72 hours I think, so you might have conceived a day or so after having sex.

When you have your 12 week scan they are pretty accurate at dating, but it may be a day or 2 out either way, but I wouldn't have thought it would be a week out either way.

But when you have a 20 week scan they would know by then if you are bang-on for dates or not, usually you are from the 12 week scan!

Yes that's right. I'm exactly the same, 5+3 weeks and my last period was 1st Nov. So its dated from then.

Now I'm confused... My last period started also started on 1st Nov so I am 5+5...not 5+3...?

I found out im pregnant on the 4 dec after i missed my period. the first day of my last period was the 1 nov. i had a scan on 9 dec and was told i was 5 weeks, although the scan could be a few days out.
- i had sex with my current boyfriend between the 11-14 nov. so from the 11 nov to 10 dec is only 4 weeks 3 days. could this scan still be cor

the scan date of 5 weeks estimate is from ur last period date not from possible ovulation. It is possible u are any date between 5-6 weeks but they can't be too accurate at that stage as the usually date u by measuring the baby's size. A baby is only visible from about 6 weeks soi wouldn't worr to much about ur dates yet.

Are u booked in for another scan? Xx

Now I'm confused... My last period started also started on 1st Nov so I am 5+5...not 5+3...?

once egg is fertilised it can implant several days later and thats why your dates may be out.

Sadly to the original poster I suggest getting a DNA done once baby is born, as there is no set way of determining the babys father just by dates. There has been other threads on this and the only answer us other ladies could give was a DNA.

Hence why there are so many on jeremy kyle lol >.<

I would wait till your next scan hunni then they will date you correctly like you said on the other thread that they could only make out a sac if it was 2nd of oct surely there would be alot more on the scan Hun I would wait :) xx

Sent from my AWSOME iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Nothing else booked yet.

So u don't think it's possible from the intercourse on 2 oct? X

I wouldn't have thought so, as u mentioned u had a heavy period from the 1st nov. so any bd'ing before this won't count for ur pregnancy. Xx

Nothing else booked yet.

So u don't think it's possible from the intercourse on 2 oct? X

I wouldn't have thought so, as u mentioned u had a heavy period from the 1st nov. so any bd'ing before this won't count for ur pregnancy. Xx

Although 2 Oct is too long ago to be only 5 weeks gone. I did have a normal period after I conceived my son. I conceived him 1 week before my last period. I found out at my dating scan xx

my periods ,well first day of periods was the 30 october,so would that make me near 6 weeks,in that terms,i think i conceived around 16th novemeber,as my man wasnt home till then as works away..midwife on tuesday ,aint sure what she is gonna do?maybe bloods i dont know,anyone no?

i love being pregnant and knowing that you have a growing baby inside you who you love dearly..such a wonderful thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back