how incapacitated were you after the birth?

GBLiz

Reaction score
im really worried about the living situation i'll be in when i give birth- we will have opened a gym but wont have completed on a house yet. We wont be able to rent a standard property as they are 6 month lets which is too long. The options are staying in a back room of a gym, or finding a caravan or holiday let. I dont think my partner understands that i might not necessarily bounce back symptom free within a day or two once the baby is out. Even i dont really have any idea of what happens to your body after . Can you give your experiences, so i have some ideas of what could happen, no holds barred so im prepared for worst case scenario???

Ok I had a normal delivery, no tearing just grazes.

Afterwards for approx 2 and a half weeks I felt as though someone had kicked my foofoo, was difficult to stand for long periods or walk for long periods, Obviously on top of that you extremely tired from labour experience and having a newborn to take care of.

TBH whatever you do you need to be taking it easy, labour is a big strain on your body regardless of it being a natural thing. Thats why they recommend you take it easy for 6 weeks, i'd say it's pretty good advice, if you home situation not too good have you thought about staying in hospital as long as possble, least it gives you and baby some kind of rest :hug:

i was fine after kieron even with an episeotomy and stitches, i was a bit sore but with hannah i had a section and i was off my feet for a few days and in pain for about 3 weeks

I had a normal delivery, with no stitches and was fine afterwards.... I even refused them pushing me in a wheelchair from the labour unit up to the ward. I had Arianna at 2.32am and was out of the hospital by 1.30pm and had gone to Asda to get some shopping in, then to my Dads for visiting!

I felt like hell after both of mine for about 10 days. I felt like id given birth to a bowling ball walking was hard going to the toilet was painfull.

You will need to get as much rest as you can for a good week after.

After my first I felt like I'd been hit by a bus and that someone had taken a baseball bat to my privates. It took 2 weeks to feel anything like normal (I had a 6 hour discharge, just felt like poop for ages). After my 2nd I felt pretty normal almost immediately and was on my hands and knees cleaning my floors within days.

i was on bed rest for about 3 months after, due to complications and infections. i tried getting back to normal too soon and did myself no favours which resulted in being put on bed rest for so long.

i had originally hoped for a normal birth, 6 hours in hospital and then back home to return to normal :rotfl: wishful thinking

i had a normal birth and just 2 stitches. for 3 or 4 days i felt like id had a massive weekend of partying- i was weak, achey, thirsty, tired ans spaced out! my bum was sore i couldnt walk properly (i waddled) and had to sit down carefully.
but after a week i was 100% fine. x

I tore pretty bad, lost a fair bit of blood and i was useless for about 2 weeks after, i felt so horrible!

pfffft darlin if u have a c section there is no way you will be up and about workin ur arse off '1or 2 days after'!!!! more like weeks or even months before ur body is 100% after that!! :shock: :shock:

it all depends on how the birth goes.

With my first DD and with Sam, I tore very badly and had complications, which meant I was off my feet for weeks afterwards. With DD number two I had an episiotomy and I tore, yet I was back on my feet the next day and feeling fine (apart from a bit sore)

i think its best if you work out if the room at the back of the gym or caravan will suit your needs etc.. will it be warm enough.. are theres stairs to pull buggy/carseat up etc etc.. if you have a c - section you cant even drive for 6 weeks.. so your husband has to be prepared to help out a lot, however if you have a normal birth.. then you can do most things yourself.. as if you were ill.. say had flu.. your tired, and feel a bit crap.. but you can still manage to do stuff yourself.

I had a few stitches, I stayed in hospital for a day and a half as they were worried I had internal bleeding (it wasn't the case in the end) and when I went home I was still feeling very very tired, exhausted and numb and even going up and down the stairs was difficult. For about 5 days I couldn't sit and going to the loo was agony.

I would say, even if you think you feel okish (like I did after a few days) have some rest, you will need it. Your body needs to recover and even if you feel better after a few days, it's probably due to you resting. Don't be fooled by that and think you recovered. Don't push yourself, it takes time to go back to your old good energetic self. Give your body some time, you will have earned it!
:hug:

Had normal birth, no epidural, just tens and gas and air. Had episiotomy and was pushing for 2.5hrs!

I couldn't even sit up properly for at least 4 days after the birth, let alone walk. I couldn't walk for more than 5 mins for at least 2 weeks. Stitches got infected and everything was generally pants. Coupled with baby blues, it's a traumatic time.

Didn't feel anywhere like normal or that I could cope on my own for at least a month.

K.xx

I was fine too - a bit achy - but that's to be expected!!! Up and about the same night but I couldn't/was advised not to walk too far (as risk of haemorraging in those first few days!)

I had quite a few stitches and felt quite sore for a few weeks, also muscles very achey and felt very tired for the first few days. You need to rest as much as possible after the birth - it's amazing how much things get to you when you're exhausted! :)

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Ok I had a normal delivery, no tearing just grazes.

Afterwards for approx 2 and a half weeks I felt as though someone had kicked my foofoo, was difficult to stand for long periods or walk for long periods, Obviously on top of that you extremely tired from labour experience and having a newborn to take care of.

TBH whatever you do you need to be taking it easy, labour is a big strain on your body regardless of it being a natural thing. Thats why they recommend you take it easy for 6 weeks, i'd say it's pretty good advice, if you home situation not too good have you thought about staying in hospital as long as possble, least it gives you and baby some kind of rest :hug:

i was exactly the same with my second i had no stitches etc but it felt as tho i couldnt open my legs very wide and it ached alot but this only lasted a week or two. with my first i had to be cut as she was very distressed and i couldnt walk properly for the first few days and the aching was much worse. i dnt think i felt bk to normal after my first for 3-4 weeks but i was still able to go outside but not stand for a long time or walk very far.

xxxx

I didn't feel 'right' for months afterwards, I had a forceps delivery with an episiotimy, and my problem was that everytime I went to the toilet it felt like there was immense pressure down there, and I was quite scared about it, but after an internal check I was told I was fine, just didn't feel fine. Truth is you cannot know or plan, just be prepared for maybe not doing too much for a while after the birth, very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back