how I managed to conceive - soy isoflavatones!

LynneK

Reaction score
Hi ladies!,

I was a ttc member here a few years back and thankfully managed to get my BFP. It took 2.5years but my lo is turning one next week and I wanted to come back and leave a message for all of you ttc just now.

It's shit. Full stop. I had the worst 2.5years of my life ttc because in all honesty it broke me, it made sex boring, it was a never ending cycle of ovulation tests and symptom spotting. Anyway, something changed that and I wanted to let u guys know - if it helps anyone then that will make me smile.

I was about ready to throw in the towel when I came across some info on soy isoflavatones. Essentially they r natures version of the fertility drug clomid. I figured what the hell and gave them a bash and I fell pregnant my first month! Unfortunately that ended in a MMC at 8.5wks and I was heartbroken but I tried them again and fell pregnant 5wks after my D&C.

I took mine days 3-7 of my cycle and took one 100mg tablet per evening right before bed, on days 6&7 I took 200mg and hoped for the best both times and both times I got a BFP 5 days before my AF was due.

If anyone wants to ask anything then please do, I'll be happy to help but if u want to read about it check out this post of success stories! http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a12154345/bfps_with_soy_isoflavones.

Ps - they r about £8 on Amazon for a box xx

What a great success story! Thank you for sharing xxx

I love this . Just took soy for the first time. I am on the last day of taking them. I have taken mine CD 4-8. X did you use opks as well? Was ovulation earlier or later x
Thank you for your story .

Hey Augustus,

I used opk's religiously! Mines was a day or two earlier from memory but it was strong! I felt every little bit and my positives were very very positive!! X

Thanks so much for sharing Lynne am also a Soy isoflavones success story as I TTC for 2 years and got my Bfp last month after trying for Soy isoflavones for the first time days 5-9 it delayed my Ovulation by 3 days but I had very strong positive Opks for 2 days

I had 7 months if Clomid with no success so never thought Soy would work for me, I know it may be a coincidence but perhaps not??!

xxxxxx

Hi Lynne, I'm so pleased you had a happy ending to your ttc story.

I tried SI two years ago and they didn't work for me at all. I was concerned that I wouldn't react to clomid either because of this but I am oving on clomid and having regular cycles.

I'm glad to hear you got ur BFP clover! And snowbee, fingers crossed for a nice sticky BFP soon! it's so hard ttc so I feel ur struggles girls xx

Yes Lynne soy can be effective in aiding conception but please let the ladies know that it does not work for everyone
Soy will work if ur ttc problems are centred around problems ovulating. If u ovulate regularly soy is not for u. Also, if you take too much it has the effect of a birth control pill cuz it's really a natural source of oestrogen.
Congratulations to those who have been successful using soy but please be careful before u decide to take it based on someone else's experience
Personally I have endometriosis and I know it makes it worse.....unfortunately I found that out the hard way.
Good luck to those trying, I really hope ur story is a success.

Hi Lynne, thanks for sharing your story. I'm another soy success story and got my bfp the 2nd cycle of taking it x

Congrats fairyprincess! I hope your pregnancy is going well x

Hi ladies!,

I was a ttc member here a few years back and thankfully managed to get my BFP. It took 2.5years but my lo is turning one next week and I wanted to come back and leave a message for all of you ttc just now.

It's shit. Full stop. I had the worst 2.5years of my life ttc because in all honesty it broke me, it made sex boring, it was a never ending cycle of ovulation tests and symptom spotting. Anyway, something changed that and I wanted to let u guys know - if it helps anyone then that will make me smile.

I was about ready to throw in the towel when I came across some info on soy isoflavatones. Essentially they r natures version of the fertility drug clomid. I figured what the hell and gave them a bash and I fell pregnant my first month! Unfortunately that ended in a MMC at 8.5wks and I was heartbroken but I tried them again and fell pregnant 5wks after my D&C.

I took mine days 3-7 of my cycle and took one 100mg tablet per evening right before bed, on days 6&7 I took 200mg and hoped for the best both times and both times I got a BFP 5 days before my AF was due.

If anyone wants to ask anything then please do, I'll be happy to help but if u want to read about it check out this post of success stories! http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a12154345/bfps_with_soy_isoflavones.

Ps - they r about £8 on Amazon for a box xx

Hi Lynne lovely to hear a positive story what brand soy did you buy ?

Hey Lynne, I remember you! Glad everything worked out for you :) Have taken soy on a couple of occasions, once early last year was only a small dosage (to no effect) and then again around last October I think... only problem was I ovulated quite early, got a positive opk on CD10 and think i ov around CD 11 which I wasn't prepared for and ending up missing out BD'ing that cycle. I'm not that keen on taking things that can affect your cycles/ovulations etc, but will see how I go may end up trying it again!

Thanks for sharing your story x

Hi
Do u have to be on period to take these tablets? Im currently taking conception ones

Hi everyone I ordered just the £7.99 ones from Amazon. Natures own brand I think. I was having irregular periods when I started as I had come off the pill and still hadn't settled into a routine yet!

Stacesl3 t's nice to see you (?) again! X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back