How Hard

JMC

Reaction score
Yes we all know its frowned upon for obvious reasons...

The main thing is the parent will lose a lot of their child hood because they have to look after the baby

But just how bad or not bad is it?

I mean the first 2 years are crucial, the mother and father should be around all the time.

But does your life start becoming more of an option as the baby grows up, through chuld minders etc

A lot of people seem to think you have 'wrecked your life' if you becoe victim of teenage pregnancy

Any feedback?

yes i think its very hard- but having a baby is hard. i dont think ive wrecked my life and i think most of the young mummys on here would agree with me, our babies are the best thing thats ever happened to us.
i have a 4 yr old, an 8month old and xpectin #3. i think you get your life back a bit more when they get a bit older but sera(4) needs me all the time, she used to go to nursery 4 hrs, 5 dys a wk but thats not a lot and childmiders cost money lol, money i havent got.
i havent got any gcses etc because i had sera @ 14 but ive lost one experience and got another- how many 18 yr olds can say theyv had 2 kids??
overall its the best :D:D:D i love it and i wudnt change it for the world
love braiana xxx

I dont see being a teen mum as missing out actually now i see it that everyone who hasnt got a presious lil boy like me is missing out
my lil boy is my life i could no be away from him, wen i work my 16 hours a week i really miss him and hate it!
his dad is not around his choice not mine, i was with him 4 yrs he found out i was PG and did a runner!
B has everything he needs he has family me, my mum, dad etc he has all the love he could ever want and i provide all the things he needs plus a few more shoes :dance:
alot of people born with two parents are alot worse of than my Braydon so i dont see he is missing out, not got enough love and i dont see that i am missing out he is the most special thing in my life and i could not be without him
Braiana i agree hunni u r doing gr8 :dance:

Hi

Your not misisng out ... i do miss doping things i Used to party all the time but ide happily give that up any day to be a mom its the best thing in the world. next weekend i will be leaving her for the first time and im gonan miss her so much.. when you have them you want a break at times then when you get your break you want them back lol.
I wouldnt encourage it unless you are serious about it though its a big cvhange in your life .and a big responsibility
Sarah and bri you both are doing an excellent job.
xxKatrina

BubbleB said:
yes i think its very hard- but having a baby is hard. i dont think ive wrecked my life and i think most of the young mummys on here would agree with me, our babies are the best thing thats ever happened to us.
i have a 4 yr old, an 8month old and xpectin #3. i think you get your life back a bit more when they get a bit older but sera(4) needs me all the time, she used to go to nursery 4 hrs, 5 dys a wk but thats not a lot and childmiders cost money lol, money i havent got.
i havent got any gcses etc because i had sera @ 14 but ive lost one experience and got another- how many 18 yr olds can say theyv had 2 kids??
overall its the best :D:D:D i love it and i wudnt change it for the world
love braiana xxx

Thanks for your comment !!

Well im 19 so its not so bad for me, although i havnt really had an amazing teenage child hood, i was never the type to go out clubbing etc due to college etc... So although im 19 i still havnt done all the things most have

But for my girlfriend who had just turned 16, it must be really hard. Im really upset because she left school due to certain issues but was planning to make up for that by srarting college and retaking her GCSE's

I was really prowd of her, but now she's pregnant that doesn't look likely. Everyone is telling her she's wrecked her life but i strongly disagree. Its just about coming to terms with a few sacrifices but to be honest those sacrifices are easily made up for by the happyness the baby will bring !!

Shes a really strong girl though so im sure she will get through it. Her family are really supportive to her and so are mine so hopefully we can all make this as easy for her as possible

I just hope that when the baby comes we will be as happy as 2 parents should be with a new born !!

she can go bck to collcege tho maybe not as soon as she like but in two or so yrs shell be able to
im sure ull be fine

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
I dont see being a teen mum as missing out actually now i see it that everyone who hasnt got a presious lil boy like me is missing out
my lil boy is my life i could no be away from him, wen i work my 16 hours a week i really miss him and hate it!
his dad is not around his choice not mine, i was with him 4 yrs he found out i was PG and did a runner!
B has everything he needs he has family me, my mum, dad etc he has all the love he could ever want and i provide all the things he needs plus a few more shoes :dance:
alot of people born with two parents are alot worse of than my Braydon so i dont see he is missing out, not got enough love and i dont see that i am missing out he is the most special thing in my life and i could not be without him
Braiana i agree hunni u r doing gr8 :dance:

Wow i cant believe he did a runner ! Me & my girlfreind have been together 5 1/2 months.. and its been a rocky relationsip. We arnt together now and i dont think we will be but to be honest i just want to make sure the baby never has to suffer

When i was 7 my mum and dad split up, and it was really hard. I used to go stay over every 2 weeks for the weekened, which was great. But at the end of that when he took me home i always wished he could stay and not leave

It worked, but it wasn't nice and i dont want my baby to go through that

I will try my best in everyway i can but that doesn't mean my best is good enough

I think every baby deserves a mummy and daddy like a proper little family. But for the parents that run off, shame on them. I sympathise to an extent because its a real shock, but everyone has to go through that !!

*saulino* said:
Hi

Your not misisng out ... i do miss doping things i Used to party all the time but ide happily give that up any day to be a mom its the best thing in the world. next weekend i will be leaving her for the first time and im gonan miss her so much.. when you have them you want a break at times then when you get your break you want them back lol.
I wouldnt encourage it unless you are serious about it though its a big cvhange in your life .and a big responsibility
Sarah and bri you both are doing an excellent job.
xxKatrina

What im feeling from this topic no one would exchange their baby for a a free life they could lead...

I think thats great !! You should all be really prowd of yourselves

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
she can go bck to collcege tho maybe not as soon as she like but in two or so yrs shell be able to
im sure ull be fine

Yeh !! Deffo

My sister has 2 kids... she's 30 now but she went to college recently to study a course. Living proof that its not the end when you have a baby !!

Hi i was 17 when i first fell pregnant with Adele only had been with my OH for 3 months when i found out. was a huge shock but we got through it all in the end. i fell PG first time :oops: but glad he stuck by me. We did have a very rocky relationship at the beginning we argued all the time over stupid things but then who doesnt argue in a relationship?

Im now 21 and have another gorgeous baby girl her name is Colby and ive now been with the OH for almost 5 years.
I didnt have a very good childhood and didnt really know anything about sex and contraception when growing up Adele wasnt planned but i dont regret her for one second. Life was hard being a teen mum all the dirty looks you got ( i get told all the time i look about 12 and im only 4'9 so i think they all think im just a silly wee girl most of the time) but i hold my head up high and dont give a toss what anyone elese thinks!!

I know inmyself i do my very best for my kids and anyone who does know me personally knows that i do everything for them to but it is mostley the old people who still look down their noses to me butif i was nasty i would give them all teh 2 fingers but then i dont want to teach my kids bad habbits.....lol

sorry to ramble on i will shut up now all the best for when your LO makes its arrival take care

xxxxx

weestar21 said:
Hi i was 17 when i first fell pregnant with Adele only had been with my OH for 3 months when i found out. was a huge shock but we got through it all in the end. i fell PG first time :oops: but glad he stuck by me. We did have a very rocky relationship at the beginning we argued all the time over stupid things but then who doesnt argue in a relationship?

Im now 21 and have another gorgeous baby girl her name is Colby and ive now been with the OH for almost 5 years.
I didnt have a very good childhood and didnt really know anything about sex and contraception when growing up Adele wasnt planned but i dont regret her for one second. Life was hard being a teen mum all the dirty looks you got ( i get told all the time i look about 12 and im only 4'9 so i think they all think im just a silly wee girl most of the time) but i hold my head up high and dont give a toss what anyone elese thinks!!

I know inmyself i do my very best for my kids and anyone who does know me personally knows that i do everything for them to but it is mostley the old people who still look down their noses to me butif i was nasty i would give them all teh 2 fingers but then i dont want to teach my kids bad habbits.....lol

sorry to ramble on i will shut up now all the best for when your LO makes its arrival take care

xxxxx

Wow, a real success story !!

I'm glad everything went ok for you !! Did the baby make your relationship easier to work with, or harder !!

I suppose it can be either... but as long as you focus on the baby you cant really go wrong !

As for the dirty looks people gave you, thats stupid. My girlfriend is pregnant and isnt showing it yet. But a lot of the people who know about it have been really mean saying shes wrecked her life, saying shes stupid etc..

They dont seem to understand that if you have sex you are in the danger zone. We was pretty protective but did get rather sloppy at times so had to resort to the Morning After Pill. But no contrcetion is 100% secure so to be fair it could happen to anyone!

I was just discusted at people saying she is stupid etc. Fair enough if thats what they think fine.. but surely they should try and stay positive for her sake

people can be cruel it is a very cruel world we all live in. Im being honest here so sorry if i offend anyone where i lived before there was this girl ages 13 :shock: :shock: who was sleeping around with any guy she could get her hands on yes she became pregnant and was dressing awfull one day i seen her in the town with a pair of hot pants (showing her but cheeks off) and a tinny wee top and the bump was huge and she was with yet another differnt guy (no surprise sorry) She gave birth to a baby boy who was taken into care afterthe mother aged 14 when she gave birth took an overdose and wasnt found till 3 weeks after she passed away with the baby lying at her side ( was a neighbour who reprted the noise of a screaming baby to the police after2 weeks of constant screaming) luckily the baby wasnt harmed by the drug abuse but he was badly dehidrated and covered in filth (tmi sorry)

The wee boy is now 3 years old and is doing great hes thriving and has a happy home and lovely foster parents. Sometimes you do hear about teenages going on and on about how much they want kids ect but none of them really realise the reality of having a child.

Luckily i got through all my probs and we worked on our relationship and like every other couple we still have the odd argument but nothing like it was before we had adele.

I know in some schools they give out these electronic baby gadget things as a project and most of the kids cant cope with them and turn them off....lol but with a baby they cant do that anyway im rambling on again sorry

i think more schools should do these project and teach more kids about sex education as i never got any of it when i was at school

anyway take care and all the best

xxx

weestar21 said:
people can be cruel it is a very cruel world we all live in. Im being honest here so sorry if i offend anyone where i lived before there was this girl ages 13 :shock: :shock: who was sleeping around with any guy she could get her hands on yes she became pregnant and was dressing awfull one day i seen her in the town with a pair of hot pants (showing her but cheeks off) and a tinny wee top and the bump was huge and she was with yet another differnt guy (no surprise sorry) She gave birth to a baby boy who was taken into care afterthe mother aged 14 when she gave birth took an overdose and wasnt found till 3 weeks after she passed away with the baby lying at her side ( was a neighbour who reprted the noise of a screaming baby to the police after2 weeks of constant screaming) luckily the baby wasnt harmed by the drug abuse but he was badly dehidrated and covered in filth (tmi sorry)

The wee boy is now 3 years old and is doing great hes thriving and has a happy home and lovely foster parents. Sometimes you do hear about teenages going on and on about how much they want kids ect but none of them really realise the reality of having a child.

Luckily i got through all my probs and we worked on our relationship and like every other couple we still have the odd argument but nothing like it was before we had adele.

I know in some schools they give out these electronic baby gadget things as a project and most of the kids cant cope with them and turn them off....lol but with a baby they cant do that anyway im rambling on again sorry

i think more schools should do these project and teach more kids about sex education as i never got any of it when i was at school

anyway take care and all the best

xxx

OMG thats so sad :eek:

Obviously the girl was very immature, like most teenagers. I dont think its fair to blame it all on her. It was just bad timing for a baby

I'd just like to know what her family did etc... I know its not their baby but its family and she was family so they should have stuck by her all the way to make sure that never happened

Not saying its their fault directly either, its just a shame that was let to happen

:(

theres a girl who added me on msn who 14 with a little boy cant remember his name- sarah u no who i mean whatsername lol kayli...
and i agree with you I think every baby deserves a mummy and daddy like a proper little family but sometimes its not possible lol. we were a propa lil family till dan decided it wudnt work :evil:
luv b x

i didnt know her personally i just knew her by seeing her around all teh time, i do believe though her family kicked her out when she was 13 just before she became PG maybe she felt lonely and thast why she turned to sex looking for love and effection from guys as they were always older guys she would be with like a father figure.

So many cruel things in this world do happen and its mostley children who are effected the most but i do stil think schools should be more involved in sex education as more and more teenagers are experiencing things at a younger age

weestar21 said:
i didnt know her personally i just knew her by seeing her around all teh time, i do believe though her family kicked her out when she was 13 just before she became PG maybe she felt lonely and thast why she turned to sex looking for love and effection from guys as they were always older guys she would be with like a father figure.

So many cruel things in this world do happen and its mostley children who are effected the most but i do stil think schools should be more involved in sex education as more and more teenagers are experiencing things at a younger age

Yeh i agree totally !!

When i was at school nearly everyone was having sex. I was like :eek: huh. I was still into playin footy every day an all day.

I lost my V when i was 18, i was determined to wait for the right girl and i got her.

But i think something should seriously be done to stop teenage pregnancy before it has a chance to happen

im 18 and pregnant with my first and my partner is 24

we have been together for 4 years :) and we live together now.

when i first found out i was pregnant i was very shocked and so was my partner i thought he was going to be unhappy but now hes totally the oppisite but i was at first thinking how hard it would be etc

but at 6 weeks i had bleeding :( and that made me and my partner realise how important this baby is to us (by the way everything was ok) when i had the bleeding we both cried :cry:

now im 19 weeks nearly 20 WOOHOO :lol: and were both still very happy

so i dont think being pregnant and having a baby as a teen is a bad thing :D

also i have decided next september i am going back to college to study again. i was at college for 2 years and completed but fancy doing something else hehe

hevwithbump said:
im 18 and pregnant with my first and my partner is 24

we have been together for 4 years :) and we live together now.

when i first found out i was pregnant i was very shocked and so was my partner i thought he was going to be unhappy but now hes totally the oppisite but i was at first thinking how hard it would be etc

but at 6 weeks i had bleeding :( and that made me and my partner realise how important this baby is to us (by the way everything was ok) when i had the bleeding we both cried :cry:

now im 19 weeks nearly 20 WOOHOO :lol: and were both still very happy

so i dont think being pregnant and having a baby as a teen is a bad thing :D

also i have decided next september i am going back to college to study again. i was at college for 2 years and completed but fancy doing something else hehe

:eek: At the bleeding. Whats did it turn out as in the end

Congratulations on your 4 years !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back