How early can you see a HB on a scan??

Yep about 6 weeks, my EPU said to wait until 7 weeks and then you'll def see it (I guess that's incase your dates are out a little bit?)

xxxxxxxxxx

I think about 6 weeks hun, but can be very tricky to find at this stage. When is your scan?

I had a scan at 5 +4 and there was a heartbeat visible then. It was an internal scan though.

Last edited:
i had an internal scan at 5+4 and they "think" they saw a heartbeat just for a second. Wasnt long enough to say 100% but they couldnt find it again,

had an ultrasound at 6+6 and they found the heartbeat straight away.

6 weeks lovely!

Do you know exactly when you ov'd if not do it about 6+3, it's definitely reassuring, my doc says 15% chance of m/c now.

Xx

6 weeks lovely!

Do you know exactly when you ov'd if not do it about 6+3, it's definitely reassuring, my doc says 15% chance of m/c now.

Xx

Is that a generic stat for after anyone see's the HB hun?

xxxxxxx

I don't know when I ov'd, I don't know what my cycle length would have been so I don't know where I'm up to!
I have a scan 8th March but seeing maybe's bean has made me want an earlier scan.
I'll just have to be patient :( xxx

i was 6 weeks when i had a scan and hb was present x

Just think, after next week it will be March!!! That's how I'm trying to curb my impatience but completely understandable why you want to see NOW :) xx

Well I'm going away on Sunday til Wednesday, that should take my mind of it. When I get back it will soon be march! xxx

Aww I know its frustrating hun! Hope 8th march hurries up for you :) you will be able to see loads by then... it should look much more baby-like rather than a little blob which is all you get on the early scans!

I had an ultrasound at 5+5 after some bleeding, and there was no heartbeat... The sonographer told me that she didn't expect to see one at that stage, so it didn't worry me, although it would have been so nice! She offered to do an internal and said there would be a better chance of seeing it on an internal scan, but there still wouldn't be any guarantees of seeing it that early so I didn't bother. I'm going back next week at 8+5 and desperately hoping a lil heartbeat has appeared by then, as its been a long wait not knowing for sure if everything is okay! Xx

I'm sure you see lots more on your next scan. I need to learn some patience xx

I had my first scan today (6 weeks and 1 day) and I saw the flicker of the heartbeat and heard it very clearly...beating at 114 beats a minute!! Very exciting and a bit overwhelming too.....ifnyou can have an early scan I would go for it!!! X

I waited untill I was 9 weeks - could see heartbeat very clear!! (almost better than the 12 weeks scan, cause the heart is almost half the baby...lol!). I know it's hard to wait, but just try to keep yourself busy!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back