How do you when baby is engaged?

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if you can tell when babys heads engaged? Also does babys movements slow down at all? Im 34weeks plus 4 days. My
Movements have bcome different the past day or so. I have mw tomorrow x

I'm not 100% but I think only the midwife can tell you for sure. :)

I was wondering if there was a way of telling if baby is engaged. Did you have any luck finding out? X

My midwife saw me last week and said that baby was slightly engaged and she said when I get up and sit down she said I might feel a heavy feeling down there and she said it feels like when you walk you have something in the way in between your legs :lol: but it isn't a lot to go by apparently! Obviously engaged is good but some babies don't actually engage until you go into labour apparently. I think mine has become more engaged since I saw my midwife though because my bump has dropped right down low and I feel lots of movements down very low! xx

When the MW feels your tummy she can feel how low the head is. With my second I discovered I could actually feel the head myself if I lay on my backan felt with my hand. If you can feel the whole head its not engaged. As the head engages it goes behind the pelvis. My sscond never engaged, which is common with second babies. When my 1st was engaged it felt like walking with a bowling ball in my foof.

Last edited:
This one's head down and very low but I don't think he's quite engaged yet, not far off it though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back