How do you introduce a different formula?

claire671

Reaction score
MJ has been on Aptamil since I began FF. Over the last couple of weeks he's becoming more and more sickly. It's got to the point he is just continually sicking up all day. Its definitely not reflux or anything as he's a happy sicker if that makes any sense? And he burps fine. I'm starting to think I need to change his formula, but how do I go about it? Do I simply just stop Aptamil one day and switch to the new one? I'm thinking of going for Hipp Organic just as it has the friendly bacteria.
Thanks! x

Maybe just change one bottle a day? We tried changing but resulted in diarrhoea for a week so never again lol!

they say to just do it one feed at a time. So on day 1 you swap 2 feeds. Day 2, 2 feeds and so on.

we did this with my LO when me moved her onto Hipp and she was ok with it.

To be honest toots I didn't know to do it gradually so when we changed Harry's formula we just changed it from one to the other straight away & he was fine! Can only speak from experience tho and mj could be different but it worked for us! Xxx

Just bought a tub of Hipp from Asda, going to start changing it tomorrow. Will do 1 feed 1 day etc.

I have one full tub of Aptamil unopened thats going to go to waste, a shame, but I'd really like to stop this sicking up. MJs been dropping down the centiles so I need to get this sorted! Poor wee guy had 3 outfit changes today :( x

If you decide you don't need the milk And you still have your receipt Hun take the other milk back to asda I have before and they were happy to change it I've also done it with nappies LO needed a bigger size and they exchanged them

I swapped my Los formula twice, both times we just changed over.xx

Cannot find my reciept for the Aptamil, oh well. Very sicky morning, he's only been up 2 hours and he's had one outfit change and used two muslins and one baby towel catching all the sick. Giving him Hipp for his 12 o'clock feed so will see how that goes.

Rheannymac did you find that Harry needed less with Hipp? MJ takes 8oz of Aptamil but the guideline for his weight is 6oz so going to try that and see how he gets on.

X

I swapped at one point from c&g to hipp. K drinks 8oz c&g reflux milk but would only take 5oz of hipp. He didn't seem to take to it really, so we swapped back which was a shame xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My lo has been on aptamil for a few days now as a combi feed option. She was fine at the beginning but now shes just constantly sicky not sure what to do :/ dont want her to drop any weight. Worried that its not the formula that is the problem and she is sick...

Well first Hipp feed went down brilliantly! :yay: no sicking up after and that was an hour ago and nothing has come back up. He took 6oz and seemed satisfied with that so will stick with that amount tomorrow too. So doing 1 feed today, 1 tomorrow, 2 feeds the day after for 2 days, 3 feeds for 2 days then his full 4 feeds. This was the advice on the Hipp website so going with that.
Really hope this solves the sicking up and get him pooing regularly again.

Sarahmc89 does your little one take breast milk fine? If so then it could be the formula. At the very beginning when I combi fed for a very short time I would feed the breast milk and formula seperately however I know some Mums mix it. Not sure what to advise hun, sorry! X

I gave her 30 of expressed milk and then 90 formula after a nappy change not mixing them. She took them both fine she usually takes 120 or close to it at a feed. But 1hour later shes puked up a wee bit so going to try some infacol incase its a bit of reflux. Ughh i cant wait till they can talk :p just so they can tell us whats wrong. Xxx

I just swapped straight over from Cow & Gate to Aptamil Hungry Baby - and then finally onto HiPP Organic Hungry baby milk. He was fine with me doing it that way - and he was/is soooooo much better on it!

(Just to say - HiPP is cheaper in Boots and Morrisons!)

Decided to just switch straight over tomorrow. He sicked up his next two aptamil feeds, so it's definitely the formula. No way I'm keeping him on it anymore. Thanks so much for all your help ladies xxx

Cannot find my reciept for the Aptamil, oh well. Very sicky morning, he's only been up 2 hours and he's had one outfit change and used two muslins and one baby towel catching all the sick. Giving him Hipp for his 12 o'clock feed so will see how that goes.

Rheannymac did you find that Harry needed less with Hipp? MJ takes 8oz of Aptamil but the guideline for his weight is 6oz so going to try that and see how he gets on.

X

I find with some bottles he's happy taking less! With aptimal he was taking 7oz bottles and occasionally a few extra oz's in between but on hipp he seems happy taking 6oz! Sometimes he'll only take 5!
I'm so glad hipp seems to be agreeing with mj a bit more! I can't sing its praises enough, really has made Harry such a happier wee man! Xxx

Decided to just switch straight over tomorrow. He sicked up his next two aptamil feeds, so it's definitely the formula. No way I'm keeping him on it anymore. Thanks so much for all your help ladies xxx

How is he getting on today?

Much better, thanks! Only had the teeniest bit of posseting and thats it! Hipp smells so much better than Aptamil too, it actually made me feel sick how rank Aptamil was. He's happy with 6oz so going to do 5 6oz feeds today. The powder even looks more substantial if that makes any sense?
Don't know what I'd do without this place! Xxx

I've changed from Aptamil to Aptamil reflux, to cow and gate, to sma comfort and now sma. I asked my hv if I should do gradual and she said no-just to change?!!! But reading this you'd think it would be gradual!

My girl had terrible reflux and it was only after a combination of comfort milk, ranitadine and tummy sleeping that she has improved so much.

That was until 2 weeks ago. She wouldn't poop and was terribly windy. So on advice from my mum and hv we took her off sma comfort and onto first stage sma. However, I think its just too thin in consistency, she's bringing a lot up and is terrible to wind. Trying colief again and if by the end of this tub of sma she Is no better then we'll try hipp organic. She's on the 25th centile and gaining weight so the hv says just to try with diff milks. And it won't do her tummy any harm. Surely that's not right tho???

I'm literally sick of sick!! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

I tried Kaiden on hipp again yesterday and he bought the whole bottle back up! Well it looked like the whole bottle. So sticking to c&g reflux xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back