How do you find your midwife?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

Was wondering what you think of your midwife? I am a bit disappointed, I only saw her 4 times in my pregnancy and each time I have questions to ask, she is always in a hurry because she is always late on her appointments. So I feel I have no help really and now that I have so many questions to ask, i do not feel confident asking her.

Thanks

My initial one was awful and I changed. This one is very very friendly, but I don't feel I am ever given much info unless I really ask.

I've got a domino team (think that's what it's called), basically there are 7 or 8 of them and it's pot luck who you see and who you get on the night. They've all been pretty good actually and seem very keen for us to get in touch whenever. I've actually only phoned them once so far and they got back straight away and were helpful. A couple of the younger ones aren't as experienced and tend to do things like poke you a bit hard when they feel the baby but on the whole they're all really good. I've never felt rushed at appointments even though there's always someone else in the waiting room. Two or three (of the older ladies) really stand out as being fabulous though so I hope I get one of them when it happens!

+++

Mines fab and I think the world of her. Saw her today and we had a good old natter as she knows how impatient I am. She offered me another sweep and said I could have one over the weekend but she wanted to do the next when she is back at work Tuesday. Said I have to hold baby in till Monday as even though it's her day off she would rather deliver my baby. She's really lovely and any problems she so nice and answers them all and really eases my mind - she knows I am a worrier.

I changed midwives to my current one as I moved back to dads and even the one I had before was lovely as well. I have been very lucky.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine is great and always at the other end of her mobile if i need her.

I had her on my 1st and she came out to my house twice just for a chat, cuppa and cake.
If i've ever had anything to ask i've written it on a post it and stuck it to my notes. And she is never in a rush, but this time i see her on a Sunday at the birth centre because i am out of her area.

She even called me on my 1st pg to see why she hadn't heard from me and that i was almost 20wks and needed to book an app. Plus, the day i was in labour she called my mobile saying she had been calling my house to see how my contractions were coming and go to the centre as she's called one of her finds to check me over.
I really am lucky and couldn't sk for a better midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back