How do you feel about Immunisation...

emilia

Reaction score
Oscar has been having his vaccinations. He's been a wee star and dispite a few tears and that's me that's doing the bawling ... :cry: :D

Anyway - my older 2 got their vac's in UK. This time, I've decided to do it slightly different. I've chosen to get his vac's more "spaced out". Meaning that he doesn't get all 3 vac's on one day. 3 Weeks ago, he got his Polio drops and Heb B. Yesterday he got a combined DTP & HIP. I've also chosen to avoid government recommended vaccines, and requested (at my own expense) vaccines privately. The vaccines are of finer blend and therefor, side affects a lot less than normal vac.

Oscar hasn't suffered ANY side affects, ie. fever, swollen or red area where injected, etc.. He's just been brilliant.
I don't know if you can request this in UK. I know for example, the MMR vaccine is given in individual doses - not a combined vaccine.

My daugther became very ill after her first MMR. Her paed at the time was convinced that it had something to do with the vaccine. After a very traumatic time in hospital followed by 6 months hospital visits, we called it a day and did things our way. She didn't get the 2nd MMR.

I'm just being more careful this time round. What are your views on vaccines? How have your babies reacted to the vac's?

Emilia xx :wink:

Mason (my 4 year old) had seperate MMR as it was at the time when it was all in the papers everyday. All my friends went combined but I didn't think they were wrong, I'm a natural worrier about stuff like that and would rather pay my money than have sleepless nights wondering if I did the right thing.

Brody I'm just having the standard ones so far. MMR has now been cleared totally apparently, if this is true Ill get Brody the combined.

Rubie had hers the other day and she cried for about 10 seconds then you woldn't have even known she had them! She was smiling within minutes and suffered no side effects whatsoever, I was amazed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back