How do you feel about giving birth?

Urchin

Reaction score
Hey
I thought I'd do a quick poll to see how we're all feeling now the big day is getting nearer!

well altho i still have a long wait till i give birth, im really looking forward to it, i loved it last time so i cant wait to do it again :D

I feel different every minute of the day!! One minute I'm so excited and the next I'm nearly crying because I'm so nervous. I wouldn't say I'm scared though. My feelings and emotions about it are all over the place and have been since about 24 weeks!! I guess the good thing is that we don't actually know when the time to give birth is going to come exactly so we can't worry too much about the unknown!!!

I can't wait - the sooner I go into labour, the sooner I meet my baby!! Bring it on!!!

With only three weeks to go I can't wait!!!

I was induced last around so I am really hoping I gon into labour by myself this time.

I can't wait to feel that first contraction!!!! :D

i am so exited!! i dont know why, but loads of people have tried putting me off and scaring me about the birth, but it just doesnt work! as soon as i feel those contractions coming i will be buzzing with exitement!! :p

Been there, done it five times but cos its always different im totally petrified !!!

AGGGHHRRRRRRRR

Ragna xxxx

My response to the poll was very nervous. I think I over thought the question. I can't wait to see the baby but the actual birth....well.

The other day I decided I would stop reading things and just forget about being pregnant as I am driving myself crazy with possible scenarios. This lasted all of 2 minutes as it reminded me about a pregnancy book I bought near the beginning that I hadn't looked at in a while.

I bought 2 books but have found the internet much more informative.

Petrified but resigned and excited if that's all possible! My husband's cousin was asking me about it yesterday and I said to him that it was a bit like someone saying that sometime in the next three months you're going to be hit with a big stick but you don't know when or where but that it'll also be one of the most amazing things that'll ever happen to you- it doesn't really work as an analogy but it's too tricky to explain! I suppose it's the not knowing what will actually happen that I find hard and I keep thinking about how terrifying it'll be for my sprog too- getting turfed out after 9+ months in such a dramatic way.

+++

Can't wait! Bring it on!! ;) (Obviously not yet though!!)

Very nervous and very excited at the same time.

Am feeling uncomfortable most of the time now so am looking forward to having the baby from that point of view.

But I'm worried about how well I'll cope with labour, and also how I'll be as a mum for the rest of my life. Scary stuff!!!

How about you Urchin?

LBxx

ashley22 said:
I was induced last around so I am really hoping I gon into labour by myself this time.

Same here.

I voted "just want to get it over with" as I know it's not going to be enjoyable but the feeling you get at the end is totally amazing!

Can't wait to see if he looks like his brother!

OK ladies I know I'm not in my third trimester and I probably shouldn't be posting in here but I saw this topic and I couldn't resist! So I apologize, but I love to be in labor and give birth!!! :shock: This is my 5th child for those who don't know :D and I have loved it with every child, now I don't have short easy labors! My SHORTEST labor is 17 1/2 hours and my LONGEST labor is over 36hours!!! :shock: Don't worry guys there is a method to my madness! I look at it like this, at the moment we find out we're pregnant our whole worlds change and everything about us change. We dream about the first scan, about the first movement and the first kicks, what is my baby going to look like will she have my hair color and my OH's eyes?, will he be tiny or big? Seeing those tiny little toes and fingers and her tiny little button nose! For 9 sometimes 10! loooooong months!!!! Then finally it starts the contractions begin!! What we have been waiting for is finally going to arrive at any time now, not in a few weeks, not any day now, but down to the finally hours!! We finally get to meet for the first time what we have created!!!! It is in these final moments that all the pain we endure is so worth the outcome!! So that is my reason for not being scared and love going into labor. Sorry about the rambling but it wasn't something I could sum up in a word or two. :wink: LOL

Good Luck to all of you who are about to take the journey of labor!! Be sure to let us know how it was!!

xoxo Ree

Ree77 that's so true.
I was quite worried the first time round, but the feeling at the end is amazing, so now, although I'm not exactly excited for the labour part, when it comes to the end result I know what people mean when they say it's so worth it!

Actually this thread has got me more excited about it.....I'm glad i made it!

I should add that the thing I am most excited about at the moment is my son meeting the baby. It's the best gift I could ever give him, and I just know I'm gonna cry when they meet for the first time!

Ree77, your reply was just so lovely to read. All through my pregnancy I've tried to be really positive. So often you hear about all the hardships of pregnancy, the excrutiating labour and then how exhausting it is to look after a new born. Maybe I've had a particularly easy pregnancy so far but whenever something scary or uncomfortable has occured I've tried to focus on the incredible gift all us women have been given. That's why your reply was just what we all need to hear. Of course I'm nervous but as with most things, the best things in life are born out of hardship, labour, do your worst!!!

I cant wait, Im sooo close yet could still be so far, it could happen today it could be another month. I keep willing it to start. Im just so excited about the whole thing not just the baby at the end of it, but the labour itself.

Im not worried about the pain, the only things that slightly worry me is having to have a c-section if things dont go to plan, having a major tear that leaves me incontinent for the rest of my life, and how my body is going to look afterwards (shall I just throw all my bikinis in the bin now!)

Come on you little bugger, out you come!

I'm not so much worried about the pain but the time it takes!

What I dread is that I am dealing reasonably well with the agony of it, only to be told that baby probably won't arrive for another ten hours yet! :shock: :shock: :shock: yikes! how do you deal with that sort of information?

I am hoping to take in relaxation CD's and combine them with gas and air, but how many times can you play a CD over and over before the Dh and the midwife go nuts!

Oh well

sneaking in here again... :oops:

i'm actually really looking forward to the experence of giving birth. it might be painful, but i am sure it will be the most emotionally intense and special time of my life. i am planning a home birth and have been reading up on how labouring completely free of fear and just letting your body do what it was designed for can be achieved (some good articles on http://www.unassistedbirth.com/ - even though i am planning to have a MW present i want to stay in control as much as possible!)

planning to get a book called "childbirth without fear" which i have been recommended. (although it's an old book i have been told it is really good, i'll let you know once i have read it!) http://pregnancytoday.com/reference/art ... rantly.htm

i have also been in touch with my reflexologist and my aromatherapist, and looking into alternative pain relief texhniques.

my attitude towards birth is that i want to approach it with an open mind and make it a positive experience where i feel i can be in control whether i achieve my home birth or have to go into hospital. i will trust my body to do what it has been "programmed" to do!

you guys probably think i'm some bonkers new-age hippie now, but i've always been in tune with my body and just want to listen to and put trust in my body and my abilities as a woman.

I'm still a fair way off but I honestly can't wait :!: It's gonne hurt like hell, yeah I know that, but that's what epidurals are for if it gets too bad!!
I know that as soon as it's over then I'll get to meet my beautiful baby - and that's the moment I am longing for so much - to hold my baby in my arms :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back