How do you feel about baby?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Well, girls -

How do you feel about your little munchkin? Are your feelings what you expected or have they surprised you?

I have found that like everything else, loving baby is a variable. Some days you love her so much, and others you could take or leave this whole motherhood lark.

What do you think?

Sue

I'm besotted.... this is my last bunny and i don't want to miss a thing! :D
Emilia xx

Without sounding bad, I love Damien to bits but some days I wish I could walk away. He is the most testing, tiring little munchkin. I don't want to wish the time away, as I already miss him as a newborn (even if he is still only in newborn clothes!) but I voted that I can't wait for him to grow up and respond to me. His reflux and sleep apnoea will stop (hopefully) when he gets older too and I can't wait for that. Sound like a bad mum now don't I?

Like Emilia, this is our last. The older ones can do all the growing up they want, but I want to keep Alex as my liitle baby. I went back to work full time soon after the others and seemed to miss everything they did, but now I work at home, I'm not going to miss a single moment :D . I relish every cuddle, smile, smelly bum and sick because I know I'll never be here again :( .

edit from OH - Charlotte can grow up but she's to be chaperoned by her brothers until she's 30

Sami, you don't sound like a bad mum - I felt like that with Callum, but this time I feel differently because I'm coming to terms with not having any more

Hi

Ipicked i love my baby but can take breaks wothout cracking up
I see her all day long and its nice to have a little break when Oh comes hoem so i can have a bath and relax.
Katrina

i love braydon to peices but i still need breaks to watch 11 men running around a feild with shorts on :D :D actually i suppose its 22 but never like the opposing team :twisted: lol

sami, of course you dont sound like a bad mother. i feel like everything gets overwhelming sometimes and could run a mile. i feel totally fed up today for some reason woke up at 8.30 and i've just stopped feeling weeping now.

it's such a demanding life changing thing that no matter how much you love them you are going to have times when things get too much x

Hey Sami you're not a bad mum you're a super mum! Especially since he's so testing and tiring. I said to my OH the other day - I let my sister take Naomi for a walk (she was being grizzly) and sat in absolute bliss while the two were out, because I can't take her crying for no reason. I felt guilty then that I hadn't missed her. But you can't do that. If you did you'd crack up when the child went to school and stuff. You need to be able to take a break.
My GP asked me yesterday if I had opted to stay at home from work altogether because I was "addicted" to my baby. I said - "gosh, no way". I have a lovely daughter but I also love my job, and while giving her to a stranger for five hours a day is going to hurt, I think that getting back to work etc will be good for me as a person. I don't want to give ME up, just because I have a Mini-Me!

Sue

I voted for I love my baby but can take breaks without cracking up, although the second she is out of my sight I miss her, I can cope with it.

I feel exactly how I expected to feel. It took a few weeks but we're there now, we have a lovely bond.

I can take breaks from her without cracking up - i.e. have a bath if DH is looking after her in the front room, but I am pretty besotted with her. She's my little darling :D

I can take breaks from her without cracking up

Lol, Layla.

I love Jack to bits and i really miss him when i don't see him, and i'm the same with Amy but i love having a break. I am at home with them both all day so when Andy comes home he takes over for a while, while i have a bath or go to my friends for a brew (she only lives 2 minutes away)

I don't think that anyone who finds it trying to be a mum is bad. All babies play up when you are stressed, but it's them that stresses you ok so it's a vicious circle!!!
Everyone tries their hardest with their babies and it is the hardest job to ever take on.

Well done everyone :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back