How do you dress your baby?

babsi

Reaction score
Start from evening as that is easiest :wink:

Just before Kai's feed at 9.30 in the evening I change him into his sleepsuit, so he knows that it sleeping time then.

When he wakes up in the morning which is between 6.30-7 I change him into a bodysuit and the idea is that he wears that most of the day when he is inside unless he is wet or is sick on it. Our flat is relatively warm so he is fine in just that and it is easier to change his nappies as well, just 3 poppers and that is it.

When we go out, I always put "normal" clothes on Kai like jeans, dungaress, jumpers, t-shirts and little jackets.

Yeah i pretty much do the same as that. Only really put on 'outfits' if we are going out or someone is coming round to see us. Shame really because Charlotte has loads of 0-3 month clothes which are hardly ever going to get much use.
Got told off by MW because i didnt put a vest on charlotte :oops: . our house is 23 degrees, im so scared she gets too hot, so i didnt used to bother, i dont now really unless were going out walking. If i turn down the heating it seems really cold.

Rubie wears a sleepsuit and vest to bed and a vest plus outfit (trousers, tops, dungarees, skirts or dresses) the rest of the time. She is always dressed up, even if I'm the only one to see her; dont wanna waste all them clothes lol

We were advised not to buy many outfits, so we didn't and it has paid off.

Samuel spends most of the time in a vest and sleepsuit.

(Probably because I am hoping that he will take the hint and have a daytime nap :wink: it hardly ever works though)

However we are starting to go out more now and I always dress him up for the occasion. He has some very cute 0-3 outfits that I am hoping he will fit into soon. He's still in newborn stuff!

for the first few weeks carey was hardley ever in proper outfits..just sleepsuits. If im staying in all day he just wears a vest as the house is quite warm and he seams happier the less he is wearing.

almost everyone bought him bigger clothes at birth though so now he is in a proper outfit everyday even if we dont leave the house.

Charlie is just growing out of her tiny baby stuff now bless her!
Guess its just me then that doesnt bother with a vest all the time :oops: Naughty mummy! I always put one on if i know were going out, if not she always has a baby grow and a little cardi on . Am i bad????!!!

Mel just spends his time in vests and sleepsuits. If we go out I put a jumper on and some booties knitted by either my Mum or Nan (I have a knit wear mountain!). I'm afraid I haven't got patience for putting on outfits these days!

+++

Seren has her sleepsuiyts for night time and she has outfits for the day, mainly trousers and long sleeved tops. The first two weeks it was sleepsuits only.

Maheen mostly wears vests and sleepsuits, I find her very cute in those.
Sometimes, I put other types of clothes on her, but I don't like dresses, as she is too small and it does not look nice enough. When I have, I have always been disappointed, as the dress looks better on the hanger and dresses always come up in the back. I will wait she can sit up and hold herself properly for dresses.

mel xx

braydon has to have PJ's to Bed as he is to big for sleep suits but he wears normal clothes during the day always has

Brody wears sleepsuits for bed and outfits in the day.

He has some cool clothes! I was thinking of taking a few photos of some of his outfits and we can make a thread with a little fashion show in it LOL

Anyone else up for it?

Ella wears sleepsuit/vest/grobag to bed (she really seems to associate grobag with bed now which is good!).

In the day she normally wears vest/long sleeved top/comfy trousers. Occasionally a dress or skirt outfit. Wish I didn't buy so many clothes (don't tell MIL as she told me not to) as I much prefer to put her in snuggly trousers and tops than fiddly dresses (think its the tights!)

OK well we'll start taking photos over the next week and I'll make a thread in a few days :)

Kacy wear dress, skirts, trouses and things like that during the day and sleep suite or vest at night, she seems to get really warm at night.

hi

Kiara wears normal clothes in the day and sleepers at night.

Ya i wanna do it too, just hope i get the right cord for my camera this weekend :D .
Katrina

I prefere dresses to trousers, think they look so cute, and have mastered tights!
Lovely idea Urchin. I love to dress Charlotte up, going to start putting her in outfits or ebay will be getting most of them BNWT!

How everyones OH at dressing baby? mine will do EVERYTHING nappies, bath, sick, bottle, but hates dressing her, think its cos he's so big, and scared he hurts her, bless!

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
He has some very cute 0-3 outfits that I am hoping he will fit into soon. He's still in newborn stuff!

Don't worry - Damien is only just in 0-3 month clothes and they are still big on him!!! He was 3 months on Sunday :lol:

Damien wears a sleepsuit and vest for bed, and in the day he has a vest and an outfit no matter if we go out or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back