How do you divide the work load? :(

Wow, this has really opened my eyes. I do absolutely EVERYTHING. Every little thing for both kids. OH never done a night feed or remotely anything, he's changed Jonah once! he works 4 days a week (albeit very hard physical work) an so he gets home, plays with Solomon for a bit and then that's it, he does not leave the sofa, nor does he on a weekend! I do all house work, cooking, ironing, cleaning, shopping. Wow, I'm a mug!!! Why don't I start wiping his arse!!

Last edited:
Oh and I split the load as much as possible.
I so all the feeding as I'm still bfing. Oh works split shifts so the days he finishes at 12 noon he will be the entertainer, bum changer, bather etc where as I will feed and do the housework.
On a Sunday oh will get up with M at 8ish and I usually sleep another 2.5hrs!!! Lazy mummy!
My oh is really amazing with M and I am lucky he is so hands on :)

I do most of everything, as I just don't think its right to expect DH to get up during the night when he's at work the next day (thats just my personal choice) - weekends are fair game though!

In the evenings, DH will mostly do bath, bottle, bed routine with Aaron - as I cook dinner and get on with housework etc.

In the mornings I will get up to get the bottle from the fridge and heat it and DH will feed Aaron while I express.

At the weekend, we pretty much split everything 50/50

That's my opinion too tweets maybe its us bankies :p

OH works shifts I'm on MAT leave, its not so bad as J sleeps through but basically I do from 7am onwards then when OH comes in he does the things I've not been able to do like some tidying of the room or whatever then he does dinner every night I bath and put down jackson but if I need anythin or any help I just ask and he does it no probs. I quite like doing evrything even when OH is feeding I'm making sure he's ok as I feel its my job? Lol.

OH let's me get a lie in on his 2 days off whenevr they fall he gets up at 7am does the morning duties and my mum has him at the weekend. But the days I do less are OH days off but I am fine with this.

I mean OH has a week holiday and thank god because I'm ill and had not got out of bed in days but OH quite happily done everything I'd normally do.

We just stumbled into our routine in time. Its hard to suggest as it really is just what works best for you hun. Hope you get a routine sorted its knackering when everythings in theair xxxxx

I do absolutely everything mostly because husband works shifts and usually finishes at midnight. But even on his days off he sleeps until late afternoon and I still do everything.

Tired.com!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

I do everything as OH works away. I only see him a few days a month. The 3/4 days he does get to come home I let him spend as much time with H rather than asking him to do things as I know it kills him not seeing her for weeks.

Its hard work as I work full time myself but I got my routine and I just get on with it.

X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

In the week day I do everything baby related as hubby's at work. In the evening he always makes dinner and does nappy changes. I wash up after dinner. We do bath time together and I do the night feed and get her to sleep.
I always do the night shifts as I breast feed.
Cleaning, neither if us do that, we've hired a cleaner to come every other week and she is a god send! We thought we're not big drinkers/smokers and we certainly don't shop for clothes etc anymore so why shouldn't we get one.
Tidying and Ironing, I do that.
DIY & gardening he does.

We've got a fair split really as much as I moan about him I don't mind waking up at night to do the feeds as I know he'll help out when he's at home. Also like someone else said he's at work everyday so I think it's fair I wake up at night. Just my view on our situation though, I know it's different for others.

We share everything in the evening when he gets home, I do the rest but on weekends we share but hubby will do most of it
He'll also take him off my hands for half hour when he gets home from work too

When E had night feeds we would both get up, he'd change her bum while I'd heat the bottle. Then one of us would feed her while the other binned the old nappy and topped up her hot water bottle to warm the cot a bit (she was born in November and liked to be toasty!)

I get her up, sterilise all bottles and do all feeds during the day until oh is home at 6:15, then he gives her a bath and her last bottle while I make dinner and then we both put her to bed. He usually makes the bottles before we go to bed and puts them in the fridge.

Apart from those few bits, I do all the cleaning, washing etc! He helps if I leave it and then keep asking him but I can't do that! Things will definitely change when I go back to work!

Wow, this has really opened my eyes. I do absolutely EVERYTHING. Every little thing for both kids. OH never done a night feed or remotely anything, he's changed Jonah once! he works 4 days a week (albeit very hard physical work) an so he gets home, plays with Solomon for a bit and then that's it, he does not leave the sofa, nor does he on a weekend! I do all house work, cooking, ironing, cleaning, shopping. Wow, I'm a mug!!! Why don't I start wiping his arse!!

I feel your pain Hun! While I was on maternity leave I did everything for the baby and the cooking/cleaning! Now I'm back at work full time teaching excitable 8 year olds I still do everything!! X

I do everything and my OH and I are both at uni so I'm exhausted most of the time while he pretends to be :whistle:

Oh this is easy....I do not share! I do 100% of everything. That includes all baby related caring, cooking, cleaning, bottles, washing, ironing, the garden and at the moment I'm also attempting to pack to move to our new home next week. To be fair, my OHworks 7 days per week and each night he's been renovating our new home. During the day for the last 3 weeks I've walked back n forth between the houses to look after workmen, make tea, take lunches for them etc.

I am shattered. It will all be worth it I'm sure. Oh and my darling oh has only done 1 night feed!!!!!! Thank god they stopped at 7 weeks old :) xxx

^^^wss!!!

I do EVERYTHING! cook, clean, bottles day and night, nappies, sick, baths, books, crying fits...

oh works 5days a week so I don't mind doing most things and he is capable cos he looks after her for about 5hours on a Monday while I go swimming and then run around doing as much housework as possible!

things will be changing tho, he's capable of looking after lo so he should be helping with a bit of everything, at least on his days/evenings off. He doesn't know this yet mind but I'm still not entirely well from labour and 8weeks is my limit!

Neither of us dont do much as our little man likes to wake 3-4 times a night :( he works f /t from home 3 days a wk then 2 days in the office, so im left on my own then and to be fair im so knackerd i havent got the energy :( to do much xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back