How do you copy with friends and family BFP's?

hesty14

Reaction score
As the title says really.

My trainer announced yesterday on FB that she was pregnant and it happened to be a class day so guess what the conversation was about!

How do you all cope when this happens?

I just concentrated on my training and tried to stay away from all the chatter, and then had a little cry on the way home. But it is now all I can think about and I have come over feeling hopeless again that it will not be me again. I then get angry with myself that I should be satisfied with what I have and that I am blessed to have my girl. I'm in turmoil inside.

My DD is 4 and since she was born we have not used protection but not tried and for the last year have been trying and nothing has happened. I have endometriosis which I had my last op in Sept to try as the other symptoms had been getting worse again.

Doesn't help that AF is due on saturday and where I was feeling hopeful this month, that has gone as well.

Sorry I am rambling. :(

I know how you feel. :hug:

I signed my colleagues card yesterday. This is his second baby. Now we all put money together and will bring y him a gift.

There is always someone pregnant in our company. I just say congratulations and move on x

Last edited:
I don't cope aha, I have a cry and cry some more then get angry etc etc...usually end up with a blanket on the sofa...then a few days later I'll be fine. I'm happy for everyone who announce but still I wish it was me.
But you have to think about how long they've been trying and what they've beended through as well.
Just takes time to get used to that person being preg imo. Everyones different though.
It's horrible, with my first pregnancy i miscarried then my cousin made an announcement, and she had the exact same due date as what I did... Just takes time... xx

Last edited:
I have learned since my miscarriage before my dd not to judge every bump as you never know what people have been through. Most people have had a journey to pregnancy.

With this lady her first baby was a accident while she was on the pill and this pregnancy was on the first month of coming off the pill and trying. It was at that point I struggled not to burst in to tears in the middle of an exercise class!

It's not easy. I recently found out that my cousins daughter who is 17 or 18 had what looks like a one night stand and got pregnant. They are together now and ar least they kept the baby but still. Some ladies here have been trying for many years, temping, OPK and doing everything perfectly but are still waiting. I was jealous when I saw the announcement, how lucky to have a one night stand just when she is ovulating and ta da baby makes 3. Every time I look on Facebook someone else is pregnant and it's a total shock as they were not trying. Now I'm rambling lol sorry!

It's not easy. I recently found out that my cousins daughter who is 17 or 18 had what looks like a one night stand and got pregnant. They are together now and ar least they kept the baby but still. Some ladies here have been trying for many years, temping, OPK and doing everything perfectly but are still waiting. I was jealous when I saw the announcement, how lucky to have a one night stand just when she is ovulating and ta da baby makes 3. Every time I look on Facebook someone else is pregnant and it's a total shock as they were not trying. Now I'm rambling lol sorry!

Ahh, I hate fb ... Makes me feel so bitter! Doesn't stop me going on though lol. I hate when they put "Well it was a shock but im pregnant" with a scan pic. Really pisses me off. Ugh

Ahh, I hate fb ... Makes me feel so bitter! Doesn't stop me going on though lol. I hate when they put "Well it was a shock but im pregnant" with a scan pic. Really pisses me off. Ugh

Hahaha just like me, hate it but never off it! I do hate to see the posts which come over a bit like 'well we didn't want it but seeing as its here we will have to deal with it' Some people want nothing more than to get a BFP and see their wonderful bundle of joy on the screen.

Makes me very mad to see others who take it for granted that they 'accidentally' got pregnant and had to put zero effort into it. Particularly one night stands they really upset me because its unlikely either parties were looking for pregnancy, just a bit of fun but it cant come as a complete and utter surprise to the ones who gallivant around having unprotected sex with people. Unless it is in Eastenders of course!

I can relate. You just have to have ur break down in private and put on a happy face when u go out.
What I find hardest to deal with are the ones who walk up to u with their bumps and go so when are u having a baby? or don't u want children?
I swear I'm gonna go off on one of those types.

Hesty the way you feel is exactly how I would feel in that situation.
I know at least 5 people now trying for their 2nd after me and now they've either had it or are due very soon. One due around the due date of my latest miscarriage.

It's the been one of the hardest times of my life. I can honestly say I coped with my fathers death better than this!

A close friend due in the summer I jhaven't brought myself to contact her since I had my miscarriage. Another friend I've seen her new baby once but I literally cried myself to sleep that night and the whole experience left me drained as I felt I had to be fake happy all day!

I really really don't want to feel like this. I feel my negative thoughts are probably hindering me getting pregnant again.

People say oh haven't you been to the hospital to see what's wrong with you - if only it was as simple as that!

Also whilst on the subject I read it's easier to get preggers through a one night stand or with a new partner more easily - something to do with them ejaculating more as they get more excited!

I find venting on here helps!

Xx

Thanks all, nice to know I'm normal in feeling like this. I hate being the person who cannot be happy for others, I really want to be, but just keep thinking when is it my turn. I'm now dreading tomorrow's class and my PT sessions on a Monday now. She knows I'm having problems so hopefully she will be sensitive. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back