how do u get ur baby 2 eat

trixipaws

Reaction score
melissa is such a diva. she likes sweet foods (no rubbish, its usually hipp fruit jars) but not keen on savoury.

ill try her with savoury, she'll take a few mouthfuls, but gradually it will take longer for her to open her mouth until she's just not opening it. ill coax her for over 5 mins but shes dissinterested. its as if shes not hungry, but ill then feed her pudding- and not only is she opening her mouth, but i cant keep up with her! im putting the spoon into the jar and shes already mouth wide open, rooting for the next bit! and she'll polish it off in next to no time!
so its not that she isnt hungry, she just wants sweets!

when im coaxing her with the savoury, ill wave the spoon around, smile at her, say encouraging words ("come on milliepops, yummy", "mmm!" etc) and ill pretend to eat from it myself while she's watching, then go to her if she'll copy me. but to no avail!
of course im not gonna force the spoon between her lips. but what can i do? please help!

I wish I can help... I am having the same trouble with my 16 weeks old who hasn't even started on solids yet!? All I can offer is plenty of :hug: :hug: :hug:

for dylan i cooked fresh veiggies and added pureed fruit to it to sweeten it up ..

also try giving the sweeter vegies like parsnips and sweet potato.

i also find if i give him a bit off my plate it is twice as nice as off his own..but then he is a boy lol

Isaac eats a lot better whilst watching TV adverts or the dog eat his biscuits :lol:
Adding fruit to hide the taste is a good starter, also maybe offer her toast before her fruit? Or a savoury snack crisp etc :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back