How do these even work

LuckyLaura

Reaction score
Hi :)

I decided to try opks but I'm new to this, I didn't use them at all with my first pregnancy but want to give them a go as my cycles are crazy still after having my dd.

Im aware this is a negative opk result but is it valid? I mean... It looks like the pink dye has run or something on it? I got the One Step cheapies and I'm not sure how long I was meant to keep it in the urine? Is this a negative but valid test? Or invalid? Xx

_20190405_165706.JPG

Hi :)

I decided to try opks but I'm new to this, I didn't use them at all with my first pregnancy but want to give them a go as my cycles are crazy still after having my dd.

Im aware this is a negative opk result but is it valid? I mean... It looks like the pink dye has run or something on it? I got the One Step cheapies and I'm not sure how long I was meant to keep it in the urine? Is this a negative but valid test? Or invalid? Xx

View attachment 84689

I think you have possibly just flooded it maybe. I did this with my first two oak's, then realised I was actually flooding it :lol:

The one step tests always worked for me, even the pregnancy tests - I didn't want to spend a fortune on them, so was glad they worked.

I would call that one invalid. Do another one, but follow the instructions exactly. Basically the two lines need to be pretty much exactly the same in colour to pin point ovulation. Good luck xx

I’ve used these ones and they worked great for me, I just couldn’t pee on them though as they are so flimsy they ended up getting flooded and not working, I used to pee in a cup and dip the strip in only up to the black line for around 7 seconds then lie it flat and let it develop for 10 mins - can be quite hard to do this if you are in work or out and about but I always managed it, I think that one looks like it has worked as the control line is there, it may just be negative

Positive result is test line equal to or darker then control line x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back