How do I tell hubby I don't want to go on holiday?

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
Hi all! I found out I was expecting 3 days ago (i'm 6 weeks) and am due to go to Australia this wednesday. I am having really bad cramps and generally feel
bloated.. the thought of being sat bolt upright on an plane for 24 hours is filling me with dread! Also am worried as I know there is a chance of mc this early on and what if it happens on the plane? As u can probably tell this is my 1st! Don't want to get the other side of th world and feel rotten but how do I tell Hubby? We are vstaying with his family when we're there and he's really looking forward to going but i don't think its gonna be much fun for me - what do you all think? x

If it was me I'd sell it to him as his last lad's holiday and get a mate to go with him :)

Why don't you make a gp appointment and see what they say as they might reassure you to go.

Another alternative is to try and upgrade your seats a premium economy should be much more comfortable.

Xx

id totally regret it if i didnt go x

Book yourself an appointment with your GP and explain everything to them and see what they say, at least then you can have some solid info to helo you with your decision making.

If you still decide that you don't want to go, be honest with hubby and tell him exactly why and as Maybe said, perhaps suggest he take his best mate along.

XX

Ooh its a difficult one hun! I don't think I would want to go either to be totally honest... You'd be looked after brilliantly in australia, but it is a very long journey isn't it. I would hate the thought of feeling ill while stuck on a plane. My judgement is very clouded because I had food poisoning on a plane home from Greece once and it was the most horrendous experience of my life. I think I went a bit loopy due to dehydration and begged the stewardess if they could please divert the plane to France and let me get off! Of course she said no, lol.

Plus I'm sure I've heard that air hostesses are sometimes taken off flying and put on check-in during their first trimester due to slightly increased risk of mc (mind you, this is based on an old episode of the sky1 drama 'mile high' from about 2002 so it might not be entirely accurate or up-to-date! Emily's idea of speaking to your doctor sounds like a good one hun x

At the end of the day hun it will come down to what you would regret more... You could go and feel horrendous and wish you'd stayed at home, or you could stay at home and feel totally fine and kick yourself, and wish you'd gone to have a lovely time. Which of those would make you feel worse?

If you decide not to go I'd just be totally honest with your hubby and say you're really not feeling too great and you can't stand the thought of the plane journey. If he can find someone else to go with then at least he wouldn't be missing out.

Let us know how you get on xxx

it may be the last chance you get for a while to travel that far, i would rather do it now than with a baby!!

it might be best to get checked out by docs though as they will advise on do's and dont's of travelling abroad :) i flew in my 1st trimester and was just advised to wear those travel sock things and to keep moving my feet and walking to the toilet, and i was fine!! i suffered really bad sickness at the time too so was worried about that and i actually felt better up in the air than standing on the ground lol :) xx

Well, 2 days to go til take off!!! I have my first appointment to see a midwife tomorrow afternoon so I've got a huge list of questions for her!! I am actually feeling better than I did a couple of days ago- cramps have eased off a bit. I think you're all right - I should make the most of some time away before life get tipped upside down by a little one (fingers and toes crossed!) Now all I need is for the snow at Heathrow to do one!!!!!
Once again thanks for all your advice ladies - I'm taking laptop to Oz so I'll be able to keep in touch x

def go...i went to rome when i was 6 weeks....glad i did now cos later on it would have been much more uncomfortable with the heat and the sitting on the plane....

you are about to spend a lot of money on this baby....so enjoy yourself while you can :D xx

So glad ur feeling better and decided to go. Have fun xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Have a nice holiday!! hope its nice! xx

Have a great time but get some travel sickness bands just in case the sickness appears while you're on the plane! Work wonders x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back