How do I know I'm really pregnant - apart from positive test!

Danny2828

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a first time Mum with first pregnancy due on the 2nd March.

I had a couple of positive tests a month ago but haven't really had any symptoms other than cramping and slightly larger breasts...

As soon as I had the positive results I saw the doctor and he congratulated me and took some bloods but haven't heard anything back since.

My scan is booked in for the 2nd May but I'm really paranoid it's a phantom pregnancy and the scan will show nothing.

Has anyone else had similar thoughts?

I am the exact same, I went though ivf and had a early loss and this is my 2nd ivf transfer. I saw my embryos x 2 before transfer on a big screen. I have tested every couple of days as I can't believe it. I had my hcg bloods checked and were good levels. I am 7 weeks today and my scan is on 29th and I am so scared it's all in my head and I imagined it all.

I do have some symptoms but I am on progesterone as I had a frozen embryos transfered and alot of my symptoms can be caused by that so I am mega anxious and worried every day. We have waited so long and been through so much. I can't bare for bad news on a scan.

I am exhausted, super hungry, lots of heartburn, dry mouth, thirsty. Metallic taste in my mouth constantly....

I am sure this feeling is very common. We just have to keep positive some how.

I am the exact same, I went though ivf and had a early loss and this is my 2nd ivf transfer. I saw my embryos x 2 before transfer on a big screen. I have tested every couple of days as I can't believe it. I had my hcg bloods checked and were good levels. I am 7 weeks today and my scan is on 29th and I am so scared it's all in my head and I imagined it all.

I do have some symptoms but I am on progesterone as I had a frozen embryos transfered and alot of my symptoms can be caused by that so I am mega anxious and worried every day. We have waited so long and been through so much. I can't bare for bad news on a scan.

I am exhausted, super hungry, lots of heartburn, dry mouth, thirsty. Metallic taste in my mouth constantly....

I am sure this feeling is very common. We just have to keep positive some how.

Hi Alexis,

Thank so so much for your message :) that's really given me comfort knowing you have similar thoughts. I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and now you've mentioned it I did have a metallic taste in my mouth early on. Other than that though no other symptoms which is making me doubt!

I wonder if you've got double the symptoms because your carrying twins!!

Same here! I test every day to compare the coloration. I'm getting morning sickness and feel awful yet so afraid of miscarriage. I guess its just something we all go through. Admittedly, I am excited and worried to get my hopes up.

Wait for the morning sickness to kick in you won’t need any reassurance then. Mine was horrendous but as tough as it was it was really reassuring. Especially until you have your first scan and see baby is all well.

I remember seeing my first baby be handed to me and being in complete shock I actually had him inside me. Our bodies do amazing things !

I paid for a 8 week scan with this baby as like you I just wanted some reassurance just to check there was a baby in there.

Good luck !!x

Congrats @Alexis2017 Lovely lovely news !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back