How did your partner react at your pregnancy news ?

Aries29

Reaction score
Just wondering how all your husbands / boyfriends / partners reacted when you told him/ her the great news .

My fiancé and I both agreed about having a child in nov and eventually caught feb .

I knew a week after ovulation I was pregnant , I just felt it :) at 17th feb , I test finally confirmed on 21st

When I told him he was like " WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!"
And acted totally shocked ! It's took him 4 days just to start talking to me about it lol but he's been discussing the names he likes with me today :)

Do most men acted shocked even when the pregnancy is planned ? I'm 29 he's older then me by 12+ years
Been together 5 years .

Haha yes my was shocked and surprised... However it happened very quickly for us so I think that was part of the shock lol! But I guess it's a big thing to get used to, planned or not. :smile:

I took a test away with me on holiday. I'd been counting down the hours until I was officially late, he was in a Sri Lankan hospital at the time when I told him I was late lol, but nothing else was mentioned until I took the test 4 days later. I woke up early and came back into the hotel room, he woke up as I stood over him and told him he was going to be a daddy. I got "you're pregnant???" and he grabbed me back into bed and hugged and kissed me. I think he believed after 2 years it wasn't going to happen! He was amazed that I knew 4 days previously

I've been very lucky as have fallen every time I've ttc so my husband believes he has super Sperm...

The first time first month ttc, "does this mean no more sex? I thought I was guaranteed regular sex!" unfortunately ended in mc. Second time (2nd month ttc), "see I told you you would be". This time (contraceptive malfunction whoops!) "he shoots. He scores - job done"

We'd been trying for 7 months and DH asked "How did that happen?" Lol I think it was the shock as he'd convinced himself we were going to need to be referred x

He was shocked as we were not planning it but said and did all the right things! :D

My DH didn't believe it to start with... Probably because we had been trying for so long and the first bfp was really faint, but then when he believed it on second and third tests, he embraced it and has been getting all of our building worked scheduled before the baby comes!
His parents' first grandchild and my parents' first blood grandchild, so excitement all around!

This is my fifth pregnancy, sadly only one little person and three losses, so my partner is quite used to me being pregnant lol. He said he knew I was as I always turn proper grumpy in the beginning.. X

Even though we agreed to try I still didn't know how to tell him I was late, so after a week of attempting but not being able to find the right words I just burst into tears (mostly out of frustration with myself!) and he asked what was wrong!!
He laughed and said 'but it's what we wanted isn't it, let's get a test' i knew he would be fine its was just saying the words 'I think I'm pregnant' and I'm only just able to feel OK saying them!

All such lovely stories, I always think it's harder for men to fully appreciate pregnancy at first because as women we feel all the changes they only get a pregnancy stick as proof :)

Looking forward to our first scan but I'm only around 4-5 weeks . Couldn't even get in touch with a midwife as they are currently out of the office for the next week :(

Mine boyfriend cried - we found out I was pregnant the day after his beloved gran passed away. We have had 3 losses so are hoping this baby is her parting gift to us x

My partner was very pleased. He gave me a hug and we started discussing our future plans

I never really had to tell mine. He has been totally clued in from beginning. We talked openly about best days to conceive and then we gushed through the whole two week wait. When waiting on my period he practically was in the bathroom with me asking was there blood then we went out together to get a test after my period hadnt came then we waited together on the result. Lol. He has known as much as i do!

We were taking a break from ttc when it finally happened for us. We only dtd once in over two months, and supposedly 8 days before ovulation. With AF 5 days late I took the test thinking it was just a screwy cycle and got the clearest BFP you could imagine. I was just in total shock, I'd become convinced there was something wrong with one of us and that it would never happen - let alone happen in those circumstances. I kept staring at the test, reading the instructions over and over, convinced it had to be wrong.

My OH? Within about two minutes he was talking about the work that needed to be done on the house to get the nursery ready, which baby monitor we should buy, prams, car seats, even stair gates (the baby doesn't come out walking you know honey!). He was just so..... quick to accept it as real. It took me days to catch up with him, I just walked around for like two weeks in a complete daze of disbelief.

First time round he was more shocked, kinda just a kiss and cuddle and then eventually opened up more n more.

This time he has been super excited. I think partly shocked as we were on cycle 4. He was probably expecting to try a bit longer this time. But excited none the less. He wanted to tell me the result but I got an implant bleed and just knew. Perhaps next time he can read the results.

He was almost crying at the early scan.

Bless.

xxxx

Last edited:
Mine was very very shocked! Seeing as this wasn't planned ((contraception malfunction happened!) but he's happy now we have talked and planned stuff! :)

Mine was more than a bit shocked. We've known each other 11 years and lost touch for 5 of those then got back in touch and it was only a few weeks later due to a contraception malfunction, but he's my one and we're moving in together and I think he'd getting more excited now. <3

I know how my body works maybe a bit too well, so I was sure something was happening within the week of dtd as I almost gagged at the idea of xmas leftovers in sandwiches at my in-laws on Boxing day, had to get DH totake me to Tesco to buy some salad instead!. DH was in on this the whole time as It's just my way to tell him everything anyway.

His first trip into fatherhood at age 22 (with DsS)was a drunken xmas moment with his 19yr old girlfriend at the time who told him she was pregnant some time after she found out. He later married her when she was five months gone. Four years later she left him.

So, this time, ten years later and he's 32, we got married first and then tried to get pregnant on purpose, something new to him, so he wanted inclusion on everything, I couldn't even pee on an I/C without him needing to join in :blush: lol

Between Xmas and New Year I had to get bigger bras (I'd had an early mc the month before as well so, bit of extra growing had occurred) so we knew something really was up and by NYE I did a standard Superdrug test which was positive so I showed him in bed, he was happy but we both wanted it in writing so we did a digi on New Year's Day and got 'Pregnant 1-2'.

His response was big grins and 'we made a baby!' - I was terrified at losing again, thankfully, the worst of that seems to be easing off now though!

And yes, my due date is exactly a week before DsS's 10th Birthday.... Thinking I may get an August surprise though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back